The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

2003 Goodwood Festical of Speed.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As ever, the Goodwood Festival of Speed was a stunning event. Here are a few pictures (taken with a digital camera - some are not that great, I am still getting the hang of this new fangled technology .....scans of my 35mm pictures will follow later - including an amazing top totally unannounced run up the hill of the new McLaren Mercedes supercar (even the commentators didnt know about this - I believe this is the 1st time the car has ever been seen in public??) and Bob Riddle doing completely ridiculous things in his Plymouth Barracuda 'Hemi Under Glass'. (see later in this thread)

This year was Ford's turn to be featured manufacturer, and to celebrate they popped this little instalation onto Lord and Lady March's front lawn:

This is a reproduction of the finish to the 1966 Le Mans race when these 3 GT40's finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd. However, the 1966 race finished in torrential rain. No problem......rain and spray : (periodically water was jetted from beneath the wheels of the cars, and their lights and wipers came on!)

On the Le Mans theme, the 1st and 2nd placed Bentleys from this years race made several runs up the hill, still resplendent in the French grime accumulated a couple of weeks ago:

A couple of interesting snaps from the paddock: This thing looks a bit of a handful (street legal, with a potential top speed over 400mph!!!

And the infamous Gordon Murray (who was sat in the stand with us on Friday ) Brabham fan car. For cooling the engine of course!!!!

I like this piccie of Jackie Oliver with the Gulf liveried GT40:

My new best friend Jay Kay in his Enzo. Nice guy.

And a couple of fine Enzo's

The very beautiful Pininfarina 2000 Ferrari Rosa Concept car:

Old 07-31-2003, 05:23 AM

Mr Button was mighty in the BAR outside Goodwood house on Sunday - he quickly ran out of tarmac but that didnt stop him gyrating....the straw bales did

Ralph Firman had a go too:

Mr JPM eas in attendance, but still dont think he is 100% sure about the wisdom of driving F1 cars up flint wall lined Sussex country lanes......

The lovely sounding Spyker returns to the pits:

.........a jewel amoungst the gravel

Old 07-31-2003, 05:24 AM

Here are a few more (largely) different ones taken with one of those funny clunky old 35mm camera thingies they used in the olden days!

Seen before I know, but I like these 2 pictures of the Ford GT40's winning the 1966 Le Mans in the rain.

Suprise of the weekend - this totally unannounced appearance of the new Merc. McLaren supercar - 1st time it has been seen in public AFAIK....still carrying design disguising tape. As you can see from this tyre smoking picture, it is not short of power and it sounds wonderful!

Traction control off, and Jenson pulls the same stunt! Also sounds wonderful, but in a much louder, more manic way!

My favourite 'supercar'???....well, I still need a Zonda S, but I wouldnt kick one of these out of my garage - the very beautiful new Porsche Carrera GT (interior leaves a bit to be desired in the good taste stakes tho......)

.......and I probably would have to have one of these as well!

A reflective Pillipe Massa

A gyrating Phillipe Massa!!! (In Schuey's 2002 champinship winning car)

Jay KAy in tradmark silly hat

Bob Riggle in the awesome Plymouth Barracuda 'Hemi Under Glass' doing what it does best! This car had its own personal fire tender to extinguish the straw bales it set light too as it progressed up the hill!

The very beautiful 1960 Ferrari Dino 246 - the last truely effective front engined F1 car. This thing was wonderful to see and hear as it was driven very aggresively up the hill.

Dramatic side detail of the Pininfarina Ferrari Rossa concept car. (Side indicator lives on top of the 'shark fin')

I am sure Mr. McQueen would have approved of the driver of his Baja Boot dune buggy!

Top Tottie!

Top doggie!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet
Old 07-31-2003, 06:53 AM

Thanks for the great pics! Been meaning to visit the Goodwood festival of speed for quite a long time now and I think it has to happen sooner than later after seeing the wonderful display of automotive bliss.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:22 AM

Nice Pics
Old 07-31-2003, 07:25 AM

awesome pictures. thanks for sharing
Old 07-31-2003, 08:24 AM

Awesome.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:57 AM

nice pics
Old 07-31-2003, 10:10 AM

Great pics, thanks for posting them!

Quick Reply: 2003 Goodwood Festical of Speed.