The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Flares on the s2k. Hows it look?

Old 09-21-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flares on the s2k. Hows it look?

Hey hey, Just installed some front and rear fender flares today, apparently its not too common to see front flares on an s2000 so I guess I'm one of the lucky rare few

So my wheel set-up is...
Front: 18x9.5 +20 with bridgestone potenza's 245-35r18.
Rear: 18x10.5 +25 with potenza's 265-35r18. (tried the 295's but lol.)

Car sits on Function and Form Type 2 coilovers. No camber kits yet, they're in the mail.
Questions, Comments, etc lemme know. please dont mind the sawdust, was having a subwoofer box built yesterday haha.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have actually never seen front flares before. I think I would get them color matched though.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:43 PM

That was going to be one of my next questions, I see 3 options... color match, leave black, or paint glossy black. This car may actually see an urban camo wrap in a year or less and if i do that i think i may want the flares black still though... So many possibilities lol.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like it but the rims are too big in my opinion. To each their own, but some meaty tires on some 17's would go great with the flares.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:55 PM

You're probably right, I like a good amount of tire but it didn't work out with these wheels. If I knew I'd have changed it but now that they're on, I wouldn't mess with it lol.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this actually looks slick! wonder what it would look like with them molded to the car? would look even better if they were color matched liked previously said. props for doing something different! wheels don't look bad. nice job man. did you trim your oem fenders for clearance?
Old 09-21-2014, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET
this actually looks slick! wonder what it would look like with them molded to the car? would look even better if they were color matched liked previously said. props for doing something different! wheels don't look bad. nice job man. did you trim your oem fenders for clearance?
actually no lol. they were rolled, and the front flairs mounted to the 'lip' of the fender vertically. the coils keep the spring rates up enough to not rub and still be lower than stock.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:14 PM

Really? You all like the way that looks?
I think it looks really out of place, perhaps because the colors scheme doesn't flow well with the car. I think the lip and flares should be painted to match your car and the flares should be molded into the fenders. The wheels should be offset the car, maybe powdered coated black. And maybe a new rear bumper so the flares don't stick out like that;it makes the car look fat. You should also put a stock Honda badge on the rear, because now you introduced red into your color scheme making it look completely out of place.

But then want to camo wrap the car... Before the S did you have a jeep/truck? lol?

Sorry man, just my opinion!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Really? You all like the way that looks?
I think it looks really out of place, perhaps because the colors scheme doesn't flow well with the car. I think the lip and flares should be painted to match your car and the flares should be molded into the fenders. The wheels should be offset the car, maybe powdered coated black. And maybe a new rear bumper so the flares don't stick out like that;it makes the car look fat. You should also put a stock Honda badge on the rear, because now you introduced red into your color scheme making it look completely out of place.

But then want to camo wrap the car... Before the S did you have a jeep/truck? lol?

Sorry man, just my opinion!
Never had a jeep nor truck :0 i see you're hating on my car lol. I posted the pics to get some feedback so its cool. the lips not even screwed on yet lol. Thats why I posted. We own a paint and body shop so I can paint it or get it wrapped by someone. Vinyl works down here in houston doest good work apparently... It'd deffinitly be different to see an urban camo s2000 but hey its all about preference. Just getting some community input though :0

Quick Reply: Flares on the s2k. Hows it look?