The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Got Boost? Vortech Unleashed!!!

Old 08-01-2002, 11:14 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

DJ, you're using too cold a plug ..... go back to the IK22's
Old 08-01-2002, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Take it to any road course and that Integra would be dusted. It isn't always the straight-line that matters."

Actually, it's rarely the straight-line that matters. In real world driving handling is more important than acceleration.

"FWD cars suck at road courses, yeah.. thats why the Real Time Integras won the Speedvision Cup. Against what? Beemers and AWD Audi's."

If you pay attention they penalized the BMWs and Audis with extra weight early in the season because their RWD or AWD platforms had such an advantage over the FWD cars. The Integras weren't winning until the others were slowed down.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please let's focus on the topic
Old 08-01-2002, 04:26 PM

Little late replying to this thread, but I was very impressed with Vortech kit.

When I was at Evolution shop a week ago and looking over Mike's car being worked on, I couldn't stop drooling over for Mike's Vortech kit over my ho-hum Comptech.
I wished Mike would take me out on the test run but I couldn't bring up enough courage to ask Mike.

Now that he is finished, I want to ask him so bad to take me out for a demo run.
Will you Mike??

I am pretty impressed with the initial dyno figure, and I am sure it will only get better once everything is done.

Good job guys and keep it up.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by 1Randyc
... I couldn't stop drooling over for Mike's Vortech kit over my ho-hum Comptech....
What makes the Comptech kit "ho-hum" by comparison? Is it the intercooler, bracket differences, fuel pressure regulator differences... etc.? Just trying to get more information... Thanks!
Old 08-01-2002, 04:31 PM
tze

Would love to see dyno of the vortech stuck into a stock s2k - those figures look good troup, but that huge torque jump and non linearity at vtech would be a concern in actual driving
Old 08-01-2002, 04:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Randyc
[B]Little late replying to this thread, but I was very impressed with Vortech kit.

When I was at Evolution shop
Old 08-01-2002, 04:56 PM

Hey there Prolene,
Are you interested in going FI??

I didn't mean to demerit Comptech's kit by any mean, I love it very much still.
It just that when you see new thing you like that more.

Vortech kit is totally complete and little bit more thorough compare to Comptech.
I am sure we will see better performance number soon once tuning is complete.
I also like the fact that the Vortech blower is much capable compare to NOVI-1000.
Just imagine, you can choose to boost extra extra high with smaller pulley and let the boost bleed out at higher rev range to keep from going over motor's capability.
You can really help the mid range trenmendously and help the lower rev range as well by increasing boost earlier. I know how this is quite possible since I am doing that right now with Comptech.
My Novi-1000 is really straining but with Vortech blower it would be a pice of cake.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Randyc
[B]

Vortech kit is totally complete and little bit more thorough compare to Comptech.
I am sure we will see better performance number soon once tuning is complete.
I also like the fact that the Vortech blower is much capable compare to NOVI-1000.
Just imagine, you can choose to boost extra extra high with smaller pulley and let the boost bleed out at higher rev range to keep from going over motor's capability.
You can really help the mid range trenmendously and help the lower rev range as well by increasing boost earlier.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:18 PM

Yea, how do you increase the boost earlier if the blower is driven by the crank pulley???

Quick Reply: Got Boost? Vortech Unleashed!!!