The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Honda S2000: RE Matte Blue aka Theraflu

Old 04-08-2012, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda S2000: RE Matte Blue aka Theraflu

Alright, let's try this again. My previous thread was locked. I know it has obscene amount of camber, and this is a performance car. I understand it'll handle worst. I understand if you track your car, this car will probably look like crap to you. There's no need to state the obvious. Ok onto the thread.

Traded for the car in November in bad exterior shape. Was dents and dingsac everywhere, and even sided swap on the quarter panel that was rusting. Needless to say, I got it because the engine was running strong and it was a pretty good deal that allow me to mod it the way I want to.

Pictures of when i got it

First thing I got was BC coilovers and than bought a set of Work Euroline SL's. I liked the way the wheels look and when a similar set was on alexthemovie's s2000.

However, I sold them and never put them on the car, since I found some VIP Modular VRS08's that I love. The chrome step lips and satin faces in a classic 5 spoke design.

I took the car over to Original Garage, and Mike installed my coilovers, and updated my car with the AP2 headlights and taillights.

Than I took it to CVT for them to install my camber joints and align my car with the wheels.

It looked nice from up there, and we had to use -6F and -8.5R camber on 215/35 and 225/40 tires.

It was still rubbing bad, so we rolled the fender and it looked all jacked up. However, I knew I was going to get bodywork done so it was temporary for a few days. I didn't get any shots of the jacked up fenders.

During this time, I also came upon a deal for a Vortech supercharger that I couldn't resist. I bought it and when I brought my car back after the alignment, CVT installed the supercharger also.

They sent me a few pics during the process. Nothing pretty to see though. Pretty dirty bay, so just a couple shots

During the supercharger install, decided to go ahead and get all my parts in to get the color change and bodywork.

For the color, from the beginning, I wanted to do matte. It's just the finish that I really like, and the S2000 had nice lines to pull it off nicely. I originally wanted to do a brown/copperish color from Audi called Ipanema Brown

However it's only available in Europe and was like impossible to get.

So my second choice and the chosen choice is Atlantis Blue from BMW. Loved this color when I saw IND's M3.

We raised the car a bit, and also I got 255/35 tires for the rear and moved the 225/40 to the front, and removed a lot of the camer I had before it going into the body shop. It's still got plenty of camber, but it's not as bad with the wider tires. Got all my fenders fixed, and all the parts installed, and here we are now at it's current status.

Honda S2000: RE Matte Blue aka Theraflu-78jpx.jpg
Honda S2000: RE Matte Blue aka Theraflu-zu6vy.jpg

I wanted a clean look and not exactly the race car look. I think I got it. Not too much else, I'm looking to do, except get a J's hood and redo little things in my interior.

I know it's not everyone's taste due to the camber/height, and that's fine.

Here's some theraflu...lol

Also before anyone ask about HP/TQ, I need to get it tuned.

Photoshoot probably next week.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:07 PM

looks beautiful, i cant wait to see this in person!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:20 PM

Color looks epic!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the color man, you really transformed the car for the better. for something original and different.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't think its like it at first, but I do. I love that color.

How do you like the vortech so far?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

That color is beautiful, I would love it even more if it was glossy.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:38 PM

awesome color good job
Old 04-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by fernando.
That color is beautiful, I would love it even more if it was glossy.
thing is if I want it glossy, all I need to do is buff it and it'll remove the compound that flattens out the car. So if I ever get tired of the matte, I can have it glossy.

And thanks guys

Originally Posted by munkey
I didn't think its like it at first, but I do. I love that color.

How do you like the vortech so far?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
I'm loving the vortech supercharger. Been very smooth and no complaints so far.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 PM

looks very nice, but kinda pissed cause thats exactly how i was going to paint my top.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Color looks great.

Quick Reply: Honda S2000: RE Matte Blue aka Theraflu