The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Just washed the S

Old 01-09-2012, 02:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 to oem lip and leaving it there, it looks perfect as is with the espelir drop, lip is a bonus
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by OZS2KCA
Very nice! Looking at your pics makes me miss my softop
Yeah I will be going for a HT as soon as I graduate college (2 years )

Originally Posted by Bizhan
Originally Posted by Buntinboy9' timestamp='1326037892' post='21296563
I agree with you guys! I really want the OEM lip for this with the stock spoiler for now... I really love the tamon duck lip but that wont work for my car right now haha.

She is also dropped on Espelier ASD springs on stock shocks... I absolutely love the springs for being on stock shocks!
You can't go wrong with OEM styling! In fact, I just placed an order for an OEM AP2 lip; can't wait 'til it gets here. Regarding the Espelirs, how is the stiffness and ride comfort compared to stock? Have your noticed your shocks becoming any bouncier since you've installed the springs? I also plan to pair the ASDs with stock shocks. I've been doing some research on them on the past few days and would love to get your detailed opinion on them. Thanks in advance.
Good, a little stiffer but love the ride. The stock was too soft for me. They are starting to bounce a tad bit more but that is after 7-8k miles on her. I try to stay very tuned with my car and thats why I say I notice the bounce. My girlfriend does not like a stiff or bouncy ride and I asked her if she could feel more bounce and she said no. the shocks are still original and I will be coming up on 100k miles in 500 miles haha. Feel free to ask me any questions about them. I will try to post a video of me running around on them soon so you can see for your self but I wont have my car for 2 weeks (borrowed my mom's sequoia so I could move back to college

Originally Posted by jpark
+1 to oem lip and leaving it there, it looks perfect as is with the espelir drop, lip is a bonus
I agree and stock aero is a plus because I can stay in the SCCA STR class still!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:50 AM

how long have you had the springs installed? did it take a while to settle?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cleeeeeean. Looks a lot like mine (Minus the oem Lip) so that means you have good taste.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your car is exactly how mine sits minus spacers. We both need a front lip! =)
Old 01-09-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by caleb2483
how long have you had the springs installed? did it take a while to settle?
Installed them over this past summer and maybe 10k miles since then? I drive a lot and it didnt take too long.

Originally Posted by ASIXMRSE
cleeeeeean. Looks a lot like mine (Minus the oem Lip) so that means you have good taste.

Originally Posted by killabee.
your car is exactly how mine sits minus spacers. We both need a front lip! =)

Do you have spacers? I have 10mm for the front just need to install them lol
Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buntinboy9
Originally Posted by OZS2KCA' timestamp='1326040679' post='21296637

I agree with you guys! I really want the OEM lip for this with the stock spoiler for now... I really love the tamon duck lip but that wont work for my car right now haha.

She is also dropped on Espelier ASD springs on stock shocks... I absolutely love the springs for being on stock shocks!
You can't go wrong with OEM styling! In fact, I just placed an order for an OEM AP2 lip; can't wait 'til it gets here. Regarding the Espelirs, how is the stiffness and ride comfort compared to stock? Have your noticed your shocks becoming any bouncier since you've installed the springs? I also plan to pair the ASDs with stock shocks. I've been doing some research on them on the past few days and would love to get your detailed opinion on them. Thanks in advance.
Good, a little stiffer but love the ride. The stock was too soft for me. They are starting to bounce a tad bit more but that is after 7-8k miles on her. I try to stay very tuned with my car and thats why I say I notice the bounce. My girlfriend does not like a stiff or bouncy ride and I asked her if she could feel more bounce and she said no. the shocks are still original and I will be coming up on 100k miles in 500 miles haha. Feel free to ask me any questions about them. I will try to post a video of me running around on them soon so you can see for your self but I wont have my car for 2 weeks (borrowed my mom's sequoia so I could move back to college

I agree and stock aero is a plus because I can stay in the SCCA STR class still!
Thanks for the prompt, informative response man. Is your drop fairly even in the rear and front? I've read mixed experiences regarding the drop, with some lowering the front more than the rear, and the converse as well. Another one of my concerns is the longevity of the OEM shocks after installing the springs. Any idea how much longer you'll be able to go before having to replace the shocks? Also, sure, I'd be interested in seeing footage of your car whenever you get a chance to record it. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Buntinboy9' timestamp='1326130829' post='21299680
[quote name='OZS2KCA' timestamp='1326040679' post='21296637']

Thanks for the prompt, informative response man. Is your drop fairly even in the rear and front? I've read mixed experiences regarding the drop, with some lowering the front more than the rear, and the converse as well. Another one of my concerns is the longevity of the OEM shocks after installing the springs. Any idea how much longer you'll be able to go before having to replace the shocks? Also, sure, I'd be interested in seeing footage of your car whenever you get a chance to record it. Thanks again for all the help.
[/quote]

Np. To me the drop on all four corners was perfect and if there is any rake there is not much. I plan on riding out the stock shocks as long as possible. The only real reason I went with these springs were because I was able to get them for 200 new. But I SO LOVE THESE SPRINGS. and to tell you the truth I have no clue how long. I plan on running in scca Auto-x this year so they will be worked out but I think (and have no factual basis on this thinking) that they will be able to last. and yeah I will pick my S up in 2 weekends and hope to get some interstate footage as well as around town for everyone.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:27 AM

i wish my espelirs sit that well

my front is lower than the rear.. about .75 inch gap difference
Old 01-11-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by caleb2483
i wish my espelirs sit that well

my front is lower than the rear.. about .75 inch gap difference

No way! what kind of shocks are you running? and is yours an AP2?

Quick Reply: Just washed the S