The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

S2kabron's CG Amis AP1 Build

Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2kabron's CG Amis AP1 Build

:wavey:

It will be two years since I bought my S. My build started late...but has been moving rapidly the last couple of months. I will continue to add to this thread as I continue adding to the build. I hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more....as I have a few things still not installed.

0) Vanity Plates

1 - JS2k Key hole plugs - Saw these during HC2 and noticed them in several vehicles. I felt it made a nice subtle touch and decided to buy them.

2 - PasswordJDM Carbon Kevlar Intake – Found a clean intake with all the hardware and decided to pick it up that same day. I decided to install this by myself. First time working on her…it took me about 3 hours to install the intake…but it was my own sweat and tears and well worth it performance wise and asthetically

NEWS UPDATE – It was a Friday night…I had just worked a 12 hour day at work…when I decided to go home the long way. Long because I don’t need to take the freeway home…but decided to jump on the 10E to the 15N to the 210W and enjoy the drive. Well…things didn’t go as planned as I got rear ended entering the 15N. Sent my baby to the shop and got her repaired.

NO PIC after incident...too depressing.

3 - 5Zigen FN01RC Hot version - I found a clean set 17x9 +43 all around and couldn’t pass them up. I then decided to send these out for paint…and replaced the red hot version stripe with a color-matched Spa Yellow stripe.

4 - Tein Hood Dampers – Because of the design of the intake previously installed, I had to install and unistall the hood prop every time I popped the hood open. This was annoying me…so I went in search of some hood dampers. Once again…found a bargain and picked these up (here…the color green begins its appearance on the car)

NO PIC after installation

5 - SPC Camber ball joints – I decided to call up Tony @ Basis Sport Tuning in Ontario, CA and ordered a front set. Although I wasn’t planning on needing them quite yet…I was just prepping for the future.

6 - MXP black lug nuts – Also purchased a set of these from Basis Sport Tuning…to go with the black rims.

7 - Bridgestone Potenzas RE760 – Finally decided to install rims...only to realize the car looked hilarious with stock height on Hankook RS3 255 all around...lol... So I decided to swap them out for 245. I had them installed by a friend at Firestone in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I also had him install the SPC camber joints and use the MXP black lugs.

8 - Espelir Springs – I then went in search of a set of springs and came to a clean, low mileage set of Espelir springs. I decided to ask for help on the install and got it from the greatest familia I have become part of…the FilthIEst.

9 - FilthIEst Crew – I think the best mod I have done to the car…as I earned my badge with my new familia

10 - OEM valve cover – Didn’t like the red in the engine bay so I found a powder coated OEM cover in black…and decided to go for it. I had a good friend of mine install it and do a valve check/adjustment while he was at it.

11 - PasswordJDM Valve Cover bolts – At the same time the valve cover went on…I installed my newly acquired valve cover bolts in green.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:14 PM

NEWS UPDATE – Again…a long day at work…I decided to attend the Tustin meet. I arrived early as I always do…I ate like a loaner that I am…but just wasn’t feeling it. Decided to drive home and enjoy the drive. On the 57N…fast lane…I hear a loud noise and felt something hit my baby while at the same time noticed my driver side mirror was facing me…im like “WTF was that?” Pulled over at a gas station to see the following. The vehicle in front either blew one of their tires or gripped and flung a piece of tire shred to my car. I was devastated. Parked her for 3 weeks until I had the balls to clean her up.

12 & 13 - CG Amis oil cap and shift knob – Stan over at ElevateSpec hooked me up with this duo…which I totally recommend. Both items are of high quality and look really good. The oil cap has a unique design and compliments the engine bay nicely. The shift knob is weighted and countersunk…giving the shifter a lower and more comfortable feel. Thanks Stan

14 - Tint – Decided it was time for some sleekness…and tinted the shit out of the car with 3M FX Premium 15 tint.

15 - ASM steering boss – Again…Stan over at ElevateSpec hooked me up with this awesome piece of JDM goodness.

16 - Personal Grinta Steering wheel – Continueing with the green theme, I found this limited run steering wheel and had to have it. So I called up Tony at Basis Sport Tuning looking for a leather wheel with green stitching…unable to find it…I settled on a suede with green stitching...which Im glad I did cause the suede feels nice.

17 - T1R 70R-EM Dual Sparrow exhaust - Been contemplating which exhaust to get for quiet some time now. Had several in mind from single, to dual to custom...but right when I was about to give up...this sparrow came up and snatched it as quickly as I could. Sorry for the crappy pics.

[size=20pt]18 - CG AMIS Front and Rear Bumper[/size]

So…a couple of months ago I was offered the sponsorship from ElevateSpec for their kit. And here we have it. Thanks to Stan and ElevateSpec!!!

And here we are folks…what you all have been waiting for
CG Amis Front & Rear bumpers…in all their glory…in the best color the S comes in…Spa Yellow :yes:

If interested…you can contact Stan “ElevateSpec” for more details on purchasing this kit. Remember I also have their oil cap which is a real unique gem and their shift knob which is weighted and counter sunk for a shorter shift feel.

Opinions welcomed…trash talkers will be reported and banned

19. Custom license plate braket

So CG Amis bumpers are JDM spec...so much that the holes for the license plate did not fit US plates (If you look close at my rear ...shot i mean...you can see that the plate was more to the passanger side)...My father in law and I crafted this...which mounts to my fender and my plates mount to it. Awesome!

LMK if you need one...I can hook these up at a nice price

Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM

20. Custom JDM-Spec ramps

So...the Front CG Amis bumper would not go up my driveway...I had to get creative. Im not done with them yet...but this will give you an idea

21. Alpine CDA-9886 - So I'm not big on ICE...but figured I would do this for the wife. Finally found exactly what I was looking for. Installed it all by myself :yes:

22. CG Amis Drive Shaft Spacers.

23. Invidia 70mm Test pipe w/CEL fix - Had this for a few weeks now...dont know why I waited cause it definitly improved flow, butt dyno reports increase and the sound is much more grungy Overall I am VERY satisfied with the mod. Pictures to come soon. BTW...car lost about 9 lbs...as the CC was about 12 lbs and the TP was about 3 lbs.

Best part...no CEL!

24 - Shorai LFX Lithium Iron Powersport Battery - Just picked this up since I needed a new battery. Cranks strong and OMG its tiny!!! Car once again lost a few pounds..21 to be exact. Current battery was about 25 lbs...new battery...4 lbs

Credits and Thanks: To Stan "ElevateSpec" for the opportunity to represent the company and CG Amis...I would like to thank my familia…the FilthIEst for their help, love and support...Tony from Basis Sport Tuning…Richard from Firestone…and to my beautiful sexy wife for consistently supporting me and my baby...and for those who I neglected to mention...my apologies.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM

25. - Odyssey SAE Automotive Terminals - If you notice on the last pick of the battery...I didnt have the proper terminals...So I bought some...Didnt take any pics though....Doh!

26. - Modifry Windscreen Camera Mount - Cause I could

27 - Amuse Header - Had this for a while...couple of months....decided to finally install. Initial impression: WOW! Actually made the car quieter and sounds like a effen race car at high revs. Love it! Also...decided to weigh. Unofficial weight for OEM = 20 vs Amuse = 11...car lost another 9 lbs. :yes:

P.S. If any of you are interested in any of the CG Amis parts...you can contact Stan "rev_to_8"

Reserved
Old 12-02-2011, 07:19 PM

Reserved
Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 PM

Comments are always welcomed...what do you guys think so far?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:50 PM

LOVE the Amis stuff!

clean ride so far!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:56 PM

Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

looking great man!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:18 PM

Very nice!