The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

ST3 S2K @Hallett

Old 08-04-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ST3 S2K @Hallett

Here are a few pictures from the race at Hallett.
Finished 2nd of 8 in class and 13th of 35 overall on track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8PJCsvO0M4
Old 08-04-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome pictures and video. Thanks for sharing
Old 08-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Awesome stuff! I follow your build, your diffuser and splitter have me thinking about doing some stupid things to my car lol.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Great pics!

That flame
Old 08-06-2015, 01:14 PM

ha ha. Yeah that flame toasted my Gopro...
Old 08-06-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How'd the aero charger work??
Old 08-07-2015, 06:01 AM

Really good, so good infact, it's already off the car and Im already switching to a rotrex... It worked great up until it failed. They just cant take the beating race cars put on them I guess... But the boost out of corner exit did come on as soon as I touched the throttle which was pretty cool. Bearing failure in the end. Also had issues with the vanes sticking as well from carbon buildup which had to be rebuilt to fix. A conventional turbo probably would have been a better option. Its Simple to get around heat issues by just pulling the oil out into its own pump and cooler. I will miss break boosting at the starts tho! That was a huge advantage as you can see in the video with the Vettes. In the end it was free and a chance to test something different. Just didn't work out and I assume its why Aerocharger has not broke out into the automotive industry and just builds harleys and snowmobiles. I took it up to them and they wanted me to pay to rebuild it. Funny how sponsors all of a sudden want money when it comes time to own up to their endeavor they agree'd to jump into. I got a email from them after they looked at it and said that they were not really sure why it failed other than a rub mark on the housing of the turbo that may have caused it to fail. When I told the the rub mark was from a little piece of aluminum heat shield sandwiched between the turbo and the air filter they had no response...
take it for what you will but I wasn't going to fork up 1100 for a rebuild and have the same thing happen again and again. It has been dubbed the potatochip of turbos before, lol, and I think that still may be the case.

Moreover,
Ill be running NA to finish out the season. I just finish making and installing this guy.

luckily, My Vmount setup will work with the kraftwerks blower arrangement. Ill be installing that over the winter and hopefully next year Nationals will be at a tighter track rather than VIR that is more suitable for Vettes.
Also, ill be making and installing a full carbon fiber undertray next week that ill post in my build thread.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:21 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry to hear about the Aerocharger not working out LJ. I am glad you are at least sticking with forced induction, although I wish it was a turbo. I can't wait to see your build updates.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:47 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Awesome stuff! I follow your build, your diffuser and splitter have me thinking about doing some stupid things to my car lol.
This car is local to KC and it has been fun watching LJ build this car. The only thing that sucks is LJ is really hard to beat on the go kart track now. Skillz.

Quick Reply: ST3 S2K @Hallett