The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

ThatSlowKid's Build

Old 12-15-2013, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM's sent for the info requested.

Rockstar143, thank you sir!! I was drooling over your S

climhazzard, yes sir!! I would have repainted the whole car and put my ASM front bumper and fenders. That was the original plan when i purchased it but when I got the car to San Diego, I noticed that every single panel on the car was original and the bolts had never been unscrewed. I was the first one to take the fender and door off. After realizing that the car is very original, I decided I will keep it all original color, panels and as OEM as possible unless I really have to change things in the future for the track.

MORE UPDATES BTW!!!

New TRC3 Came in!!

Since the car came with some good ol original german MB Quart QWD160 Components, I decided I'll power it up with a nice amp too. Gotta have some nice sound inside for driving on the streets ... ALPINE PDX 2.150

Checked on the car and they had cleaned it up a little bit more per my request of "LEAST AMOUNT OF BONDO OR YOU AREN'T GETTING PAID" hahah.

Not a clear picture but the fenders we rolled them at first but for some reason the paint kept chipping. Not a big deal on the left side since it's getting repainted but the right side would have been bad so I ended up having them cut the lips and grind them so it isnt sharp. It still has a tiny edge so that the quarter panel isn't weak but nothing to rub on the wheel or anything. Pretty clean.

While I was there, I thought I'd share my buddy's ride that's being worked on too. It was very bad front end damage but had lots of goodies so he decided to restore it for himself.

YES!! That is a vortech blower . Forged internals and pushing over 400. Around 430-450whp may be. We located the previous owner that gave us the info.

Line it was never ever F....D up before. And it was VERY BAD hahah
Old 12-19-2013, 12:36 AM

Update for S2ki!! Stopped by the shop 2 days ago and saw the car with a little bit of progress. I like seeing progress

Car's body was cleared up with quite a thin film of bondo. He said that's as thin as he could get to it so I dind't bug him anymore

Swapped out the tire on my new TRC3 that came by

While I was there I checked on my other build which is my "track car" ... It's a beat up one I found for cheap so im being cheap with it. Barely any mods right now and gettign painted as you can see

Before the paint when I just had all the parts installed temporarily. Hood had been scrapped before so needed some work, I got it for free so can't complain. Rest of the stuff that needed replacement was basically brand new.

Clear going on.

She is ready to roll!! Well..... tomorrow
Old 12-19-2013, 12:42 AM

That progress made me pretty happy espcially since I can finally drive at least the stock S for a while instead of my janky civic . Came home to see this bad boy waiting for me so it was a good day over all
Old 12-23-2013, 10:24 AM

Update!!

And finally went to the shop today to see her get painted. Yes the guy is not wearing a mask and no they don't have a paint booth but the finish was amazing still. No dust or any contaminants at all.

Basically half the car is painted all the way to the middle of the hood and trunk in order to blend the new paint with old one and make sure it matches good. Picking up the car today, and going to put interior bits etc back on and hopefully get the audio done too. And in about 5 days she will be at her first track event Streets of Willow on the 29th!! Woot
Old 12-23-2013, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great!!!
Old 12-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Great progress
Old 12-25-2013, 04:29 PM

Nice project
Old 12-25-2013, 07:32 PM

It's nice to see a S finally go the other way when it comes to junk yards. Thanks for bringing this car back to life. Best of luck on this. It's coming along great by the looks of it.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:45 AM

verry nice progress on the car and a great save!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Car is looking great! I always wanted to try something like this but didnt wanna end up in a giant money pit haha
Subscribing

Quick Reply: ThatSlowKid's Build