The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

what intake is this and where to buy?

Old 12-02-2005, 11:53 PM
jvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what intake is this and where to buy?

what intake is this and where can i buy it??? thanks fellas.

Old 12-02-2005, 11:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HKS Racing Suction Intake.
Good gains (comparable to Comptech, AEM, etc.), but way sweeter looking, WAY more rare, and LOUDDDDD dayam it sound great.

Where to buy? FS forum. These are sold in Japan only, and nearly impossible to get ahold of.
To my knowledge, I have the last one produced AND imported to the US.
I installed it on my car a few weeks ago, and have only driven around the block with it (car is in Seattle, I go to school in Canada).

If you really want that intake, PM me. I am saving for FI so if you want it, I can probably part with it. I waited 1.5 years for mine.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:40 AM

A friend of mine has this one and he is completely not satisfied. You can see that this Intake should not be called "Cold air Intake". I will be more than happy to explain why if you want to.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:47 AM

I have been totally satisfied.

It's cold air because 1) it draws from the hole in the fender and 2) shields the filter.

Below the horizontal piece, there is another shield that sits vertically with a hole in it for the piping. It seals off the filter in it's cold crevice. And the lip on the horizontal filter seals closely to the hood.

Would it not be a cold air because of the excess piping in front of the engine?
Well, that excess piping is for harmonics. The piping is thick (walls and diameter). Theoretically it would be like AEM.
I would recommend to everyone with any intake the heat shield from Spugen or Ztec, which I also have.

So please, explain why this is not a cold air intake? My butt dyno felt the same if not a bit better compared to my AEM V1 and it sure is louder for the cheese effect!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by WyattH,Dec 3 2005, 11:47 AM
So please, explain why this is not a cold air intake? My butt dyno felt the same if not a bit better compared to my AEM V1 and it sure is louder for the cheese effect!
The reason is that the piping gets hot after a while from the engine and the radiator side. The air that passes thought the radiator heats up the piping. We were completely surprised that the piping and incoming air temperature before the TB was very hot when the dyno was taken. I dont have the temperatures figures but it was really hot compared to AEM (since you mentioned that specific Intake).

In total my friend was not satisfied.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it too, it works great for me..

Its a intake you don't see often

But the original filter is 200mm and that doesn't fit on cars with the steering wheel on the other side than japan. I had to order a 150mm filter. Works Great!

I ordered mine local (in Europe)

Old 12-03-2005, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a very nice intake and def rare. i've only heard good things about it. i was gonna get it, but decided to stick w my Js Racing instead
Old 12-03-2005, 07:46 AM

You just have to carefull with the foam type filters, they are known to break down and get sucked into you engine/turbo.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet!

That looks awesome! I'm guessing the reason why it dips down would be to also stay low and away from the heat inside the engine bay (Since heat rises, and the radiator fans can cool it down. Just a thought.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:44 AM

Hmmm, now im thinking i want this, or the J's. Whats everyones opinion?

Quick Reply: what intake is this and where to buy?