S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

After 18 months in Phoenix, the sun is killing my seats, Lexol no longer works...

Old 02-08-2019, 10:37 AM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
Well this thread has certainly been interesting. I've just been trying to find out what conditioning products everyone is using and it's been 3 pages of crazy novel approaches but only one person has mentioned a product and I'm not sure if Dennis even uses it (Leatherique).

But if understanding that our seats having a coated on top of the leather, then Lexol and Leatherique are not the right solutions. The Honda leather protectant has Aloe Vera as the main ingredient, I've tried a bit of it and it doesn't leave a film or residue. So I think my approach will be a very light mix of this Honda Aloe Vera topped with 303 for UV protection and see how it stacks up over this summer.

But I'm wondering if peeps don't wan't to list the products they use for fear of getting flamed by others? 3 pages and talking about the product you use in this situation has been avoided like the plague.
There's a difference between looking for correct answers and fishing for a particular answer that will only work if it satisfies you. I think that's the reason no one is greatly interested in providing further advice here.

Also, do your research on leatherique. I do use it and with fantastic results. Not here to spoon feed further if the advice and answer provided continues to not live up to your subjective expectations.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:38 AM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis
There's a difference between looking for correct answers and fishing for a particular answer that will only work if it satisfies you. I think that's the reason no one is greatly interested in providing further advice here.

Also, do your research on leatherique. I do use it and with fantastic results. Not here to spoon feed further if the advice and answer provided continues to not live up to your subjective expectations.
Look man, I don't know why you keep posting in my thread when you said you were done. Would appreciate it if you would just stop, because you come off like a dick after insulting me yet again.

But since you're not capable of comprehending what I've written...let me try again, I'll type slowly so you can understand. I've learned in this thread that I've over conditioned my seats most likely, and it's begun to very, very slightly show some signs of the lamination pulling away from the leather. And it's not like I'm fishing for an answer when the actual topic of WHAT product is never mentioned... as much as I've appreciated some of the solutions (like installing a fan in the rear bumper, having my seats completely stripped and re-laminated, applying ceramic tint to windows etc.) they were all a bit off topic and have nothing to do with my 'subjective expectations' to what I'm trying to understand to do next in terms of PRODUCT on the seats. But if what people in this thread are saying that our seats are coated then Leatherique will not penetrate that coating as it was made for uncoated leather (I've done research on Leatherique) and I think with the state of my seats, being 'over-conditioned', then Leatherique is probably not a good solution at this point either. So I'm not fishing, I'm trying to engage the group in a deeper technical discussion based on a specific problem I'm having.

What's most disappointing with responses like yours is that there seem to be 3 topics on S2Ki that people gets incredibly butt hurt when discussing: motor oils, politics and leather care products.

That's all I ask for is to engage in civil discourse and kept trying to steer it back to a product, if you don't like the topic then bugger off...seriously man, what's your problem?

Last edited by Thomas Guide; 02-08-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: a word typo
Old 02-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
But if what people in this thread are saying that our seats are coated then Leatherique will not penetrate that coating as it was made for uncoated leather (I've done research on Leatherique) and I think with the state of my seats, being 'over-conditioned', then Leatherique is probably not a good solution at this point either. So I'm not fishing, I'm trying to engage the group in a deeper technical discussion based on a specific problem I'm having.
This right here is my problem. You clearly pick and choose and favor what you want to believe and can only operate in "if" situations lol. It's sad really. Good luck to you. You have way more than enough info in this thread. I rather be a dick than ignorant.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:29 PM

If you did research as you say, you might've come across these pages:

https://www.autogeek.net/leatherique...tructions.html

https://www.autogeek.net/leprcl.html

https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-d...r-awesome.html

https://www.autopia.org/forums/inter...d-leather.html

https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-d...ted-seats.html

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...COATED-leather

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386922

Rupes, Meguiars, Leatherique and a good amount of leatherique testimonials show that it works. Coated or uncoated. No "probably" here. Let's close this thread.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:35 PM

This right here is my problem. You clearly pick and choose and favor what you want to believe and can only operate in "if" situations lol. It's sad really. Good luck to you. You have way more than enough info in this thread. I rather be a dick than ignorant.
You completely reinforce my earlier statement that you lack basic reading comprehension. It's not 'if' our seats are vinyl coated, everyone knows they are, that's a simple fact, so Lexol or Leatherique would therefore not be able to penetrate a vinyl coating the same way as an untreated coating as what it was designed to do (you know, science and stuff). You have therefore then taken one word so completely out of context that nothing you say afterwards makes any sense to the discussion. Furthermore, calling me ignorant shows you don't even understand the definition of the word and how to use it in this scenario.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:39 PM

Rupes, Meguiars, Leatherique and a good amount of leatherique testimonials show that it works. Coated or uncoated. No "probably" here. Let's close this thread.

What are you, the thread police? Seriously, if you don't like it go away, no one is asking you to stay or contribute your with your tantrums. Just because you're not getting your way doesn't mean anything, you sound like a spoiled child at this point.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:45 PM

Old 02-08-2019, 07:39 PM

Received 156 Likes on 114 Posts

I use Pinnacle products on my leather.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:56 PM

Received 3,377 Likes on 2,453 Posts

You are a prime candidate for leather products that have UV protection, not many of them have that. I always used Pinnacle Leather conditioner for that reason as it contained UV protection. Lexol is a good leather conditioner but it does not contain UV protectants.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:41 AM

You guys are hitting the nail on the head with the UV protection. Deckoz confirmed in another thread that Pinnacle uses Aloe as well. So my Honda Conditioner with 303 UV protection is in line with what Pinnacle is offering. I will check them out.

Quick Reply: After 18 months in Phoenix, the sun is killing my seats, Lexol no longer works...