S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

BUddy club seat rail issue. Side bracket

Old 07-21-2013, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUddy club seat rail issue. Side bracket

I have buddy club seats and seat rails. At the last track day I was talking to another guy about my seats. He told me that buddy club seat brackets are known to have bad welds. Sure enough they were pretty sad. So, I went to my friends shop to have them welded. We then noticed that the side "7" brackets we bent/sandwhiched. I gained some weight but come on! Anyways...has anyone run into that issue too? I did a search and found out they BC might have changed the brackets from "7" shape to a "L" shape.

Another member made their own better ones. And i've seen some other ones on ebay for recaro but not sure they would fit. Any other suggestions or diy?

Other members backet.My link

ebay bracket
Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

a friend made a few of these for some of us using the BC rails, they are a lot more solid than the BC side mounts
Old 07-22-2013, 04:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Recaro, sparco, etc will not fit the buddy club double studs. Also, they will not clear the belt buckle receiver mount. You can make it work, but that means hacking up a set of pricey Recaro mounts, which will be difficult to sell after.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 PM

Dang, those brackets look good. Selling any?

A friend let me try out some other side brackets. I think they were for bride or recaro. Totally made better. The brackets to fit the seat but you are correct, I would have to notch the bottom for the double studs(just a little), then cut out a section for the seat belt bolt. They aren't mine so didn't want to do it. I don't think he wants them though. Guess I'll ask.

Thinking of those ebay ones for $60 shipped. Maybe easier to cut and notch.

Or a steel L bracket from home depot?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought F1 spec brackets for my BC rail. The BC rail brackets sit too high due to the bend.

See this thread and the "lower" brackets. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/655...mounted-seats/

-Mike
Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Those f1spec brackets look just as flimsy as the bc ones though.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by afzan
Those f1spec brackets look just as flimsy as the bc ones though.
Thanks. Yeah I saw those F-1 brackets but I don't think they even sell them anymore. Sort of looks like it might break. The full ones are way stronger. I don't think we want something to fail on the track.

Right now a friend is trying to make me an L bracket. But he says he might have another set of side brackets he might let me cut up. Hassle though might just make me buy some fabricated ones.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:33 PM

Those little L brackets provided by Buddy Club, F1 Spec, etc. are a joke. They flex a lot on track, and just aren't safe. Heck, I can see them flexing when I apply lateral force on my seat using my hands. Any race bucket seat should be secured with 1 solid mount on each side, for both driver feel and safety. I was going to retrofit some off the shelf sidemounts to fit the BC rails, but the amount of hacking turned me away. So I designed my own using the BC rails and L brackets as a template. The design is essentially the two "L" brackets supplied by BC in their kit joined together. I did the design using CAD, then laser cut and bent them from 1/8" ASTM certified steel plate.

Raw mounts, prepped and ready for paint:

Gloss Black Epoxy Paint drying

Finished mounts, in gloss black

Wrinkle black epoxied mounts, before curing. Top slot of rear section of sidemount cut on these ones, to allow Recaro PP to be mounted lower

Wrinkle Black epoxied mounts, after oven curing

Gloss Black vs. Wrinkle Black
Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Gloss Black vs. Wrinkle Black
Did you get these custom made by a shop? If so would they make more? I would definitely buy a set.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:49 AM

I made a few sets for myself and a couple local guys. I do have a few extras.

Quick Reply: BUddy club seat rail issue. Side bracket