S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Cheap Tempory Seat Options for S2k

Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate all the comments, but I just need the seat fitment info. Any comment regarding what seats will line up will help. I am taking the bus there, and I have a steering wheel, duct tape (for the top lol) and a momo hub I am taking with me. I install the crappy wheel, crappy seat and ghetto top repair until I get home. Unsafe? Maybe, but it's my choice. But if it helps to understand the car will be repaired with proper oem parts when i arrive home. I also live in Canada... so its kind of hard to do boarder paperwork etc if I have it shipped all the way. Agree with what I am doing or not, it's irrelevant. What seats fit?

*for people who think this is unsafe, your right it is, but I also have spent time backpacking in 3rd world countries rolling in the bed of 80's Yoda trucks for 10 hrs from one desti to another. Not safe either. Also in thailand I had to navigate a motard 5 hours through crazy asian traffic without a helmet! Why no helmet? Well first off they dont really use them there, and the ones they provide are more like wrestling helmets and retail for $3. If I can line up 2 bolts its safe enough for me. Upon arrival I will make the car OEM happy sauce, and have a silly story of how I saved a few bucks and had a fun adventure.

So back to the original question... what seats "kinda" fit? haha
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I sympathize with the OP, and presume he does NOT want to spend much. In his place, I'd be doing some ghettofication like trying to fit folding lawn chairs with the legs cut down and folding in until the remaining metal passes close enough to the mounting holes to drill and bolt in, and then go to the fabric store for some foam rubber and staple cloths over it... just to get me home.

And, of course, with my luck, someone would see it and post pics all over the net.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:19 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I think 3 holes on DC/EG rails will line up. The rails are mounted diffently though so you will have to "mod" them. S2000 rails sit flat on the floor where the DC/EG rails have almost 90 degree angle on the end. You will have to flatten it out somehow but it can be done.

Integra rail on top, S2000 on bottom of pic:
Old 02-03-2012, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People probably won't like my comment, but I like your thinking. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get, go with the flow, and hope for the best. Shipping cars to or from Canada is a total PITA for the average person.
ANYWAY SEATS::::

Six years ago I had S2k seats in a 2000 Civic. The front two bolt holes on the seat bracket bolt up with a little manipulation. S2000's floor is flat where the brackets mount up, where as Civics and Integra's one or both (i can't remember) the floor is inclined and the bolt holes are actually on the incline. I had to bend the S2k brackets so the holes are at angle. (easy) So if you go with Civic seats you will have to do the opposite as they are already nearly vertical... Bend them ALMOST flat. A pair of Vise Grips should do the job. You can get a third one to fit in the rear but it makes the seat sit crooked.

Good luck!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by tiger1964
I sympathize with the OP, and presume he does NOT want to spend much. In his place, I'd be doing some ghettofication like trying to fit folding lawn chairs with the legs cut down and folding in until the remaining metal passes close enough to the mounting holes to drill and bolt in, and then go to the fabric store for some foam rubber and staple cloths over it... just to get me home.

And, of course, with my luck, someone would see it and post pics all over the net.
LOL! Thanks for that haha.

Originally Posted by 1nate7
I think 3 holes on DC/EG rails will line up. The rails are mounted diffently though so you will have to "mod" them. S2000 rails sit flat on the floor where the DC/EG rails have almost 90 degree angle on the end. You will have to flatten it out somehow but it can be done.

Integra rail on top, S2000 on bottom of pic:
Thanks a lot for the pic... I'm going to try and find some eg/dc seats I think...

Originally Posted by JDMProductions
People probably won't like my comment, but I like your thinking. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get, go with the flow, and hope for the best. Shipping cars to or from Canada is a total PITA for the average person.
ANYWAY SEATS::::

Six years ago I had S2k seats in a 2000 Civic. The front two bolt holes on the seat bracket bolt up with a little manipulation. S2000's floor is flat where the brackets mount up, where as Civics and Integra's one or both (i can't remember) the floor is inclined and the bolt holes are actually on the incline. I had to bend the S2k brackets so the holes are at angle. (easy) So if you go with Civic seats you will have to do the opposite as they are already nearly vertical... Bend them ALMOST flat. A pair of Vise Grips should do the job. You can get a third one to fit in the rear but it makes the seat sit crooked.

Good luck!
Thanks for the VERY helpful post. I'm typing this on the Megabus Wifi but I will update my story w/ pics for you cool cats as it unfolds. We'll see how it pans out.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 AM

If anyone has eg/dc seats in DC they want to sell me for cheap let me know.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do yourself a favor go to your local enterprise and get a truck or suv rental, then roll over to a uhaul and have them put a trailer on it. It will be about the same price without the hassle or safety concern.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:02 PM

Go to a local speed shop but a 126.00 aluminum race seat and bolt it straight to the floor. You might need to fix two hole in the floor after you get home, but hey your home right. Just take some foam for your butt

See here
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RCI-8440S/
Old 02-06-2012, 10:01 PM

^ dude your LSX s2k in your sig is OMG Drool.

I ended up buying a bucket seat with s2k rails for a great price. Now I need to work on repairing this top.