S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Custom flat-bottomed steering wheel from Redline goods

Old 06-11-2018, 03:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Custom flat-bottomed steering wheel from Redline goods

I ordered a custom steering wheel directly from Redline goods a while back. It took about 10 weeks from when I ordered it until the day it arrived. It's padded thicker than the stock wheel, and feels great to grip. I ordered the steering wheel, a leather shift boot, and a perforated leather center armrest with additional padding for a total of $650 shipped. I'm very pleased with the finished products, and I highly recommend Redline goods.

The stock steering wheel on the left and the new steering wheel from Redline goods on the right. It's a modified OEM steering wheel.

The steering wheel from Redline goods appeared to be from a RHD car, so I had to swap over the rear cover from my original wheel instead of using the one that came on the new wheel. It was a quick and easy process though.

The new steering wheel, installed. I ordered it with black Alcantara sides, black leather top and bottom, and a white centering stripe to match my GPW car.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:20 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Is this an outright purchase or is there a core charge?

How difficult is it to work around the airbag?

-- Chuck
Old 06-11-2018, 05:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Is this an outright purchase or is there a core charge?

How difficult is it to work around the airbag?

-- Chuck
It's an outright purchase, but I think Redline is willing to essentially buy steering wheels, so you can basically lower the price if you're welling to give up your stock wheel. But I wanted to keep mine, so mine was an outright purchase.

The airbag is very easy to work around. I have the factory Honda service manual, and it walks you through the process. You disconnect the battery and wait 3 minutes, then remove 2 bolts to release the airbag, disconnect some connectors to completely remove it, remove a 14mm bolt in the center of the steering wheel, and then wiggle the wheel off of the splines, or use a puller. That's it, it's quite quick and easy. Installation is the reverse of removal. The torque spec on the 14mm bolt is 29 lb·ft, if I remember correctly.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this wheel a lot better than the Guardian ones. Seems as though Redline makes a sharper flat bottom, which I much prefer to the bloated and rounded appearance of the Guardian wheels. Gonna check into them - thanks!
Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice! Pictures of shift boot and armrest?
Old 07-12-2018, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks awesome, gotta save up tho!!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I still like what Guardian did for me.