S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Floor mat replacement issues

Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Floor mat replacement issues

I'm new to s2ki to if I've used the wrong thread for this sort of issue, sorry. I recently scooped up some cherry floor mats from an 08-09 CR model, to put into my 2000 NFR. The left and right floor mats were replaced quite easily. The center floor mat doesn't look like it is going to be so easy. Here are my 2 issues:

1. The AP2 passenger side cargo net is shorter, meaning that the 2 rear-most holes do not line up with the AP1 holes. I have some ideas about how I might address this but I'm interested to see if anyone else has encountered this issue and how they dealt with it.

2. The center floor is buried under the head unit frame which is part of the dash assembly. It appears that the dash has to be removed in order to properly remove the old piece and install new. Is there a way around this? (**My factory service manual is stored in pdf on my broken computer so I lack that resource for the time being. Otherwise, I would have just looked there and not wasted anyone's time with this question. ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help you all may be able to provide.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To change the center piece you have to cut the old one before it goes around the dash or remove the dash.

As far as the cargo net, I just stuck the nipples the net wraps around in the 2 rear most holes (through the carpet) without screwing them in. Its held like that for probably two years now
Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 AM

thanks buddy! My plan for the cargo net was just that, although I was thinking about maybe glueing them in somehow?...

I'm installing a CR center console with the leather mat. the leather piece only needs to go behind the head unit frame about ten millimeters. Do you think it's possible to just yank the old center carpet out (after removing the clips in the reaar if possible) without damaging anything? I need to get the leather center mat under the head unit frame. What do you think? I DO NOT want to get into removing the dash! I have enough projects going on as it is!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:11 AM

No problem. I haven't had any issue with those pieces slipping out of the carpet so i've never thought about another way to attach them. I actually use the net for the extra length of usb cable from the headunit to my iphone.

Since i've never done the center part personally, here's a quote from a local member who did exactly what you're looking to do

I cut the forward-most part off (the part forward of the radio). I did this for 2 reasons, 1) it was easier and a lot quicker, 2) it (02-03)was more like black felt as opposed to carpet (00-01), so it flows better with the rest of the interior since I kept the front matching carpet. I was able to remove the radio and bolts from the lower dash to allow me to pry the dash up enough to get the console cover underneath it. There is at least 1 inch of material under the dash, so I don't have to worry about it coming out. Then I cut the rear piece to allow the harness to be routed through- since it is covered by the center console/secret compartment.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:48 AM

Awesome! Exactly what I was looking to find! I hope it isn't as b@#$*y as I suspect it will be getting the leather under there! I'm assuming by radio bolts he means the 2 large bolts (I think they're 14mm)securing the vertical brass bars (L & R) which becomes visible after removing the small padded console covers on both sides?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:55 AM

not radio bolts, but radio and bolts Again I havent gone through the process but once you get it apart you should be able to see what needs to come out to allow you to pry the dash up a little. Good luck