S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Footwell Lights

Old 10-22-2010, 04:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82,Oct 21 2010, 08:48 PM
Cool! Makes sense. I remember my best friend wired Blue LED pedals into his parents Mazda 626. I thought they were the coolest thing ever back then. I guess a part of me still likes them. haha
do ya thang...
Old 10-22-2010, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, it looks awesome. i was thinking to do the same color, because my int is totally red. i would like to see how you wire the LED. it will be very helpful for me.
thanks!
***i also bought it from ebay, a 24cm long for 1.55 shipped : )
Old 10-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by wwastrel,Oct 22 2010, 10:19 PM
wow, it looks awesome. i was thinking to do the same color, because my int is totally red. i would like to see how you wire the LED. it will be very helpful for me.
thanks!
***i also bought it from ebay, a 24cm long for 1.55 shipped : )
The LEDs drawn so little current that we spliced the two strips together. Then we simply took the positive and negative and wired it right to the fuse jumper. The fuse jumper had a built in ground that we wired right to the ground bolt up under the steering wheel. I will make it my goal today to get some pics of everything to help explain it better. I know it can seem intimidating but trust me, it literally was as easy as I just explained.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Community Organizer

I was able to add a few more shots today. I couldn't get the trim piece off of the passenger side so that will have to wait for another day. Also I will break out some larger pics and label each wire by color and purpose to make it easier for those of you who want to follow along at home to copy/improve upon my install.

I also have another "knee pad" on order at which point I will be adding in a different switch and mounting it directly into the knee pad. For now the switch is pretty simple:

Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 AM

like it ....good instill step by step ....need to see more stuff like this ..
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i did similar on my previous Miata.
i used self adhesive strips and put 2 on each side.
color i chose was amber.

regarding connection - i connected all 4 together (in parallel) anf then ran pair of wires to the interior top light and connected those wires to the terminals there.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Texas Made,Oct 26 2010, 10:04 AM
like it ....good instill step by step ....need to see more stuff like this ..
Thanks! Not quite "Electronic Junkie" level yet but I had fun learning.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:42 AM

hey new to the forums , i did my exactly like yours with white leds but im having a huge problem with my passenger side [on the left AUS]. If i mount it like yours, the white leds are just too bright, if i try hiding up abit the plastic cover which block most of the white, making it like a line which is damn ugly . Here is thing if i try jus sticking the strip of leds abit further there is nothing i can mount it to and i have no idea there is something blocking me from doing as i stated. i will try post afew pics to clarify my issue.

Any suggestion is recommended! so thx in advance
Old 11-06-2010, 05:40 PM

looks good! i got green in mine, I wired mine to the dome lights...its easier to use, plus it goes on automatically with the doors, if you want it to:

My driver side, I installed it on the same thing -the vents, and on the passenger side I installed it on the wiring loom that goes to the blower motor!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by chibailah,Nov 6 2010, 06:42 AM
hey new to the forums , i did my exactly like yours with white leds but im having a huge problem with my passenger side [on the left AUS]. If i mount it like yours, the white leds are just too bright, if i try hiding up abit the plastic cover which block most of the white, making it like a line which is damn ugly . Here is thing if i try jus sticking the strip of leds abit further there is nothing i can mount it to and i have no idea there is something blocking me from doing as i stated. i will try post afew pics to clarify my issue.

Any suggestion is recommended! so thx in advance
The mount my buddy made was perfect. I will try and get the trim back off so I can snap a picture. For whatever reasons I couldn't get the last set of clips to release. I will have to try again.

Also depending on the type of LEDS you used you could just cut down the strip. My strip is 24 LEDs and every 3 I can cut the strip and seal with a dab of silicone. If you feel you have them mounted in the best place and they are too bright I would recommend starting to remove LEDs from the strip (again only if they are the same as mine).

Quick Reply: Footwell Lights