S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

How rare is the all red leather interior

Old 04-06-2016, 08:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a question about all this.

I just bought a 2004 S2000 in Silverstone Metallic on all red interior. The car is completely unmodified so I'm sure it's the original interior.

The chart I keep seeing seems to be a little inaccurate, but what's interesting is that this is a relatively early 04 car (It's number is under 200) but it was built at Suzuka.

Honda's press releases all seem to say that the 04 models had the red/black interior, so I'm thinking this could be a pretty rare car.

I still haven't taken delivery of it yet, and I'm having a little trouble uploading photos, but it is for sure the all-red interior. Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen this?
Never seen or heard of but it might be true since its an early ap2. Ap2 never came with all red interior. My guess is the previous owner swap out the interior. You should check all the vins and see if they all matches especially the dash vin. Or its an ap1 with ap2 upgrades. Whatever the case, I think its still an awesome car because of the all red interior.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franky
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove' timestamp='1459876128' post='23928907

I just bought a 2004 S2000 in Silverstone Metallic on all red interior. The car is completely unmodified so I'm sure it's the original interior.

The chart I keep seeing seems to be a little inaccurate, but what's interesting is that this is a relatively early 04 car (It's number is under 200) but it was built at Suzuka.

Honda's press releases all seem to say that the 04 models had the red/black interior, so I'm thinking this could be a pretty rare car.

I still haven't taken delivery of it yet, and I'm having a little trouble uploading photos, but it is for sure the all-red interior. Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen this?
Never seen or heard of but it might be true since its an early ap2. Ap2 never came with all red interior. My guess is the previous owner swap out the interior. You should check all the vins and see if they all matches especially the dash vin. Or its an ap1 with ap2 upgrades. Whatever the case, I think its still an awesome car because of the all red interior.
I should correct myself. When I say 'all red' I don't mean with the red dash. I mean the seats aren't the two-tone seats you see on other 2004 models. I don't have any shots of the whole interior on the net, but here's a shot from the outside.

How rare is the all red leather interior-gil6hnn.jpg

I would be shocked if the interior didn't come with the car. It has been barely driven and there have been no other modifications. It would be strange for them to swap out the seats and not change anything else...

We'll see when I take delivery of the car. I'll try my best to chime in.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove
Originally Posted by franky' timestamp='1459960070' post='23930079
[quote name='Dr. Strangelove' timestamp='1459876128' post='23928907']

I should correct myself. When I say 'all red' I don't mean with the red dash. I mean the seats aren't the two-tone seats you see on other 2004 models. I don't have any shots of the whole interior on the net, but here's a shot from the outside.

How rare is the all red leather interior-gil6hnn.jpg

I would be shocked if the interior didn't come with the car. It has been barely driven and there have been no other modifications. It would be strange for them to swap out the seats and not change anything else...

[/quote]

Those seats are ap1.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by franky
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove' timestamp='1459976656' post='23930407
[quote name='franky' timestamp='1459960070' post='23930079']
[quote name='Dr. Strangelove' timestamp='1459876128' post='23928907']

Attachment 171501

[/quote]

Those seats are ap1.
[/quote]

The new style of seats didn't start until 2006. So the seat style is appropriate for the year, just not necessarily the color. Though that color was available in other markets in 2004.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:53 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

That's Sebring Silver.

Silverstone is darker.

None of the '04 cars came with all red seats in the US. The red/black interiors all had red/black seats. The previous owner probably traded for all red seats. Not uncommon back then.
Attached Thumbnails How rare is the all red leather interior-image.jpeg  
Old 06-08-2017, 06:39 PM

Default Love my all red 03 ssm

Originally Posted by JDMProductions
Yes, I wasn't saying only GPW came with full red in 02, just that's the only year GPW had it.
Serbring
Berlina Black
Gran Prix White
Old 06-09-2017, 05:22 AM

Hi
I have a 2003 Berlina Black with all red interior. Just to add to the discussion.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I see riceball777 is using one of my pictures in post #97 without attribution.

I have one of the 233 Sebring Silver with all red interior 2003 S2000s. Love the combination. The mahogany shift knob is from Portas (Knobmeister). It replaced a Voodoo knob shown in the first and last picture here.