S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Seats after 6 years under Clazzio covers

Old 08-01-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seats after 6 years under Clazzio covers

Took my Clazzio covers off for a yearly leather treatment on the seats. The covers have been on since 2009 when I bought my S2k. Bolsters are still sharp as rails!! I'm really thrilled with how well the seats have been holding up while covered. And the covers look so good you can't tell they aren't the real seats anyway.

It helps that I am not a lard ass too

Old 08-01-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

Who are you saving the "real" seats for, some other owner?

-- Chuck
The following 2 users liked this post by Chuck S:
fiberman (11-17-2021), shrykhar (02-22-2022)
Old 08-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
-- Chuck
haha lol

I really like the way the black leatherette covers with the Alcantara centers look and feel. They make the stock seats more comfy too. I added the black Honda euro floor mats and love the contrasting look of the black seats and floor mats with the blue carpet. That is about as far as I am willing to go on "mods."
The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (02-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik
Originally Posted by Chuck S' timestamp='1438468354' post='23700551
-- Chuck
haha lol

I really like the way the black leatherette covers with the Alcantara centers look and feel. They make the stock seats more comfy too. I added the black Honda euro floor mats and love the contrasting look of the black seats and floor mats with the blue carpet. That is about as far as I am willing to go on "mods."
share the same mind set
Old 08-02-2015, 09:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If no one else will say it, I will... That's pretty impressive!

Coincidentally, I just finished installing my Clazzio seat covers today... I burned a lot of calories doing it... My fingers are sore from tugging and pulling the cover tight, and my back has been broken by maneuvering the seat in and out of my car with the hardtop on!!!

I must give you credit, I am not sure whether I would have ever have the energy to take them off to condition the leather underneath...

I'd love to see a picture that shows your the contrast between your seat covers, your center console and your euro floor mats!

BTW, how well have your Clazzio covers faired over the 6 years?
Old 08-03-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by MikeekiM

Coincidentally, I just finished installing my Clazzio seat covers today... I burned a lot of calories doing it... My fingers are sore from tugging and pulling the cover tight, and my back has been broken by maneuvering the seat in and out of my car with the hardtop on!!!

I must give you credit, I am not sure whether I would have ever have the energy to take them off to condition the leather underneath...

I'd love to see a picture that shows your the contrast between your seat covers, your center console and your euro floor mats!

BTW, how well have your Clazzio covers faired over the 6 years?

Covers are still like new. I just wipe them down with some vinyl cleaner and reapply 303 protectant about once a year. Not on the suede part though - just gently wipe with water on a microfibre. I put the covers back on today without having to remove the seats - took about 15 minutes to wrestle them on. Once they sit in place for a year or so, they go back on easy. I remember that sore back and hands from putting them on the first time though.

I just put the car away, but will try to get some pics tomorrow when I take it back out.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Props! They look really good. I noticed my seats were sorta wearing and on the verge of ripping so I cashed out on these covers. I also opted for the additional perforated leather insert with red stitching and I think they look awesome. Lets see what your covers look like after 6 years, I'm curious.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:18 AM

I must give you credit, I am not sure whether I would have ever have the energy to take them off to condition the leather underneath... I'd love to see a picture that shows your the contrast between your seat covers, your center console and your euro floor mats! BTW, how well have your Clazzio covers faired over the 6 years?
Wow I give you extra props for wrestling the seats out with the hard top still on!! Here are some photos of the black seat covers and floor mats in my 06 Suzuka. The 06 only has blue seats and carpet, but everything else is black. One of the most rare of the S2K interiors, if not the rarest!

The seat covers have fake suede centers (Alcantara) so they can look different depending on how they are brushed or angle.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...those look great... They look like the fit like a glove with no bagginess whatsoever... Is that the case, or are there some areas where the fit is not as tight?

Mine don't fit quite that tight...they look fantastic, but there is some notable areas of "bagginess" near the side bolsters... Maybe you can share some tricks and tips for how to get rid of them on my car... I'll post some photos shortly...

And yes...the maneuvering of the seats with the hardtop on was a big PITA!!!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:40 PM

Wow...those look great... They look like the fit like a glove with no bagginess whatsoever... Is that the case, or are there some areas where the fit is not as tight?

Mine don't fit quite that tight...they look fantastic, but there is some notable areas of "bagginess" near the side bolsters... Maybe you can share some tricks and tips for how to get rid of them on my car... I'll post some photos shortly...

And yes...the maneuvering of the seats with the hardtop on was a big PITA!!!
They fit pretty well out of the box. I do remember pulling them down really tight, and trying to tuck them into the plastic areas. There were some minor wrinkles in the beginning, as you see in these historic 2009 (lol!) photos. A bit of sun, and sitting in them seems to have snugged them up, and now they have virtually no baggy areas.

Quick Reply: Seats after 6 years under Clazzio covers