S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mnts. run

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mnts. run

Hi all.

Several months ago I got the silly idea that a regular monthly run for the LA area s2000 owners might be a fun thing to do. So I started a thread on s2000.com and I've been trying to do that every month on the last Sunday of the month. Some months are more successful than others because of holidays or whatnot, but anyway, that's the gist of it.

So that's what I've been trying to do and I thought would post the same basic info over here as well since I've met a few folks from here and they were cool people.

June 27 is the next planned run. Generally we meet at the Chart House on PCH in Malibu. I narrow down the start time based on how long of a day we want to have and post that a couple of days or so before the meet. Longer day means earlier start time (9am-ish) but then I plan lunch at a specific time and encourage others to join at that second meet up time at the lunch point. Shorter day means we start a little later (10am), but don't have a set lunch time meet up point.

I realize there are other events that are frequently held the last Sunday of the month, but that's how it goes. Of course, that's the beauty of having two meet times... you can do an early morning thing elsewhere and then meet the group for the rest of the run a little later.

So there you go. This is what I'm organizing and I'll do my best to keep it consistent every month. If I know I won't be able to do be the run organizer one month, I'll find someone else to "host" it in my place for that month.

If you want to attend (this month or any month), just post here or PM me and so I'll know to keep an eye out for ya. I figure to keep this thread open and do a bump reminder every so often.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 PM

Bump.

Reminder Sunday June 27th. Not this weekend, but the following. My new tires will be in, mounted, and scuffed in time for the run. :-) Looking forward to it.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have more information on locations (address) and timeline?

i'm interested.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:30 PM

Hi Yeung Dynasty. Would be great if you can go!

Meet point will be The Chart House in Malibu.
18412 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265

Meet time will either be 9am or 10am TBD as we get closer to the date. Bring sunscreen, water, and a full tank of gas. All of those can be obtained at the corner of Sunset and PCH right near the meet point.

I am not posting a timeline since how long it takes to get from point a to points b, c, and d can vary depending on the group. I'm not posting the proposed route because doing so upsets some foks and causes them to not want to attend. There is apparently a concern that posting the route invites a police presence. I'm pretty sure the police will be patrolling the mountain roads anyway, but I'm happy to oblige providing route sheets in person and not on the forum if it makes people more comfortable.

It's a fun run and *not* a run-until-someone-crashes run. What that means is there will be spirited driving, but you drive at your own pace and we aren't trying to be the next Mario Andretti.

:-)
Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 PM

I've gone a cruise's with Socal Focus in Azusa Canyons but I want to finally go on a S2000 run. Plus I have never been to Malibu. Sounds like fun, I'd try to be a regular at all meets.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 AM

REMINDER / UPDATE:

This is just a quick reminder that the standing end of month Santa Monica Mountains Fun Run is happening this Sunday June 27th at 9am.

Route will *not* be posted here out of deference to those who have requested we refrain from posting, but I can tell you it will include the usual places filled with scenic beauty and nice drives.

Who: you and your S (passenger seat ballast welcome!)
What: End Of Month Santa Monica Mountains Fun Run
When: Sunday, June 27 at 9:00AM (we leave promptly at 9:30 so don't be late!)
Where: Meet point is The Chart House, 18412 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265

We'll stop at Hows Market (30745 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265-3606) for a brief lunch sometime between 11:00 and 12:00 noon. Arrival time at Hows is sketchy since you never know exactly how long it will take to get there or how long we might stop at certain scenic overlooks. Those who want to try and meet us at Hows, PM me for cell phone info and we'll try to keep in touch.

As always, bring water, sunscreen, and a full tank of gas. You can get all of these at the Vons Market at PCH and Sunset just south of the Chart House. And if you've driven far to get to the meet point, make sure you make use of the facilities at Vons also! :-) There are no porta-potties on the roads we travel and the first stop with facilities is Hows.

And just a teaser... I've done all the reconnaissance for a Sunset Run (no, not a run on Sunset Blvd, but a run scheduled to coincide with a gorgeous view of the sunset in the mountains) which will be coming up soon. I just need to decide on a date to schedule it.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:19 AM

bump... reminder
Old 06-27-2010, 08:55 PM

Quiet morning on the roads. Heavy police presence but so long as you didn't speed or do anything stupid in the usual places where they hang out (Mulholland between Las Virgenes and Cornell), no worries.

I also popped down to the OC Tech Day hosted by some SoCal S2KI regulars. Really nice group!

Here is a link to some pics I took in the Santa Monica Mountains, at the Mulholland Overlook, and also at the OC Tech meet. I didn't do anything to my car this time, but I will at the next one (in two weeks).

http://picasaweb.google.com/roseanne.murph...nAndOCTechMeet#
Old 07-22-2010, 02:11 PM

Same bat time, same bat station (yeah, I'm showing my age).

9am at the chart house

REMINDER / UPDATE:
This is just a quick reminder that the standing end of month Santa Monica Mountains Fun Run is happening this Sunday July 25th at 9am.

Route will *not* be posted here out of deference to those who have requested we refrain from posting, but I can tell you it will include the usual places filled with scenic beauty and nice drives.

Who: you and your S (passenger seat ballast welcome!)
What: End Of Month Santa Monica Mountains Fun Run
When: Sunday, July 25 at 9:00AM (we leave promptly at 9:30 so don't be late!)
Where: Meet point is The Chart House, 18412 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265

We'll stop at Hows Market (30745 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu, CA 90265-3606) for a brief lunch sometime between 11:00 and 12:00 noon. Arrival time at Hows is sketchy since you never know exactly how long it will take to get there or how long we might stop at certain scenic overlooks. Those who want to try and meet us at Hows, PM me for cell phone info and we'll try to keep in touch.

As always, bring water, sunscreen, and a full tank of gas. You can get all of these at the Vons Market at PCH and Sunset just south of the Chart House. And if you've driven far to get to the meet point, make sure you make use of the facilities at Vons also! There are no porta potties on the roads we travel and the first stop with facilities is Hows.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 PM

i wanna show up this sunday july 25th this is the first time i go to
a run. is everyone invited or u do u have to be part of a club?

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mnts. run