S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

NE Rally: F1 Boston - Who is interested?

Old 01-17-2001, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone!!

Here is one to make you cringe
Old 01-17-2001, 05:57 AM

I was watching the news last night and it's saying we have the snow and ice on Friday and extend till Saturday... Any plan on what we'll do if the driving condition is not suitable to go out??? Who'll still go and who'll not???
Old 01-17-2001, 08:49 AM

Originally posted by rayyu882
I was watching the news last night and it's saying we have the snow and ice on Friday and extend till Saturday... Any plan on what we'll do if the driving condition is not suitable to go out??? Who'll still go and who'll not???
Good point. Ray. We should have a better idea on the weather forecast by Friday. Check back here for updates. If it's as bad as they are currently predicting, we will have to make it another time.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:13 AM

honda_s2k,

Well I do have two another buddies of mine going. So that makes me plus three! Looks like we might have 13 people going! Of course weather permitting! I can't wait! Did I mention how fun this is?!?!
Old 01-18-2001, 10:45 AM

g-s2k,

Sounds great!! I'm really looking forward to it! The bad news is, it's starting to look like we will have to postpone because of the weather. The latest forecast is that a snowstorm might hit late in day on Saturday. But, you can never be sure around here. We'll make that decision tomorrow.

Stay tuned.
Old 01-18-2001, 12:41 PM

Hi guys/(gals?)
-Not an S2K owner, but I just thought I'd chime in here;
The carts at F1 Boston handle better than "fairly well"
They're the closest thing to an indy car any of us will ever drive. It's an absolute blast! Definitely come check it out Saturday. (Let's hope the weather holds!)
See you there!

I am!!! I did this for the first time a couple of months ago. Got my license and I'm ready to go!!! It was a great time! Those little go-carts fly and handle the corners fairly well. Power sliding is a must and taking the right line is also very important. I am a true hacker and was lapped only once in about 6 races we had in a half-hour. It was a lot of fun and it is better when you go there with a lot of people you know so you can have the track to yourself for the allotted time. The only after effects that I had was I was very sore in my upper body for the next couple of days. You really are hanging on in the corners
Old 01-18-2001, 01:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RDRACE
[B]Hi guys/(gals?)
-Not an S2K owner, but I just thought I'd chime in here;
Old 01-18-2001, 01:51 PM

I am willing, tho the body may not be. I've gained about 25 lbs. since the last time I was in a cart. So at 230, I'm certain you all will have an advantage on me; unless it's raining; I am the rainmeister --- however, I don't think it rains inside --- oh, well.

If it's still on, send me an email. (Yes, it's gonna be lousy weather).

ps. that's at 4pm, 1/20 correct?
Old 01-18-2001, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by S2000 Owner
I am willing, tho the body may not be. I've gained about 25 lbs. since the last time I was in a cart. So at 230, I'm certain you all will have an advantage on me; unless it's raining; I am the rainmeister --- however, I don't think it rains inside --- oh, well.

If it's still on, send me an email. (Yes, it's gonna be lousy weather).

ps. that's at 4pm, 1/20 correct?
S2000 Owner,
Yes, that's the correct date and time. Now 230 isn't all that bad. I'm a slim 210 and shouldn't have any problems.

The latest weather is for the storm to be nasty mostly south of Boston. Guess where Braintree is located?
Old 01-18-2001, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by honda_s2k
[BGuess where Braintree is located?[/B]
That's right!

Latest weather report for Saturday (as of 6:15pm EST 1/18)
Saturday
Cloudy with a chance of snow. Cool with a high in the lower 30s. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Doesn't look too good. If the snow doesn't stop this... the icy roads might.

Quick Reply: NE Rally: F1 Boston - Who is interested?