S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.
View Poll Results: The New Hope meet is off because of bad weather predictions: vote for alternatives
Sunday, June 24
22.22%
July 7, 14, or 21
50.00%
In connection with the auto show in August
22.22%
Other
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

The New Hope meet is off because of bad weather predictions: vote for alternatives

Old 06-22-2001, 04:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The New Hope meet is off because of bad weather predictions: vote for alternatives

Gene and I have decided to postpone the New Hope meet because of unfavorable weather predictions (a fifty percent chance of rain). But we'd like to reschedule.

Here are the options:

Sunday, June 24 (predictions are better, but still a bit iffy)

Saturday, June 30 (I forgot to put this choice on the poll, so please don't ignore it).

The 7th, 14th, or 21st of July (all Saturdays)

In August, in conjunction with the big New Hope auto show, which draws many classic and vintage cars. The town will be mobbed however, and likely the restaurants will be mobbed as well.

What's your pleasure?

We really would like for this meet to take place, so please post a preference.
Old 06-22-2001, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm game just about any time. In case anyone's interested, on June 30th there will be a Riverside Symphonia performance in Tinicum park (where Gene mentioned about the polo games). People bring picnic dinners and the evening culminates with a "Fourth of July" fireworks display. It's a nice way to spend the evening -- maybe we could work that in if we met on the 30th...Sara
Old 06-22-2001, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor

I like that idea a lot, Sara. I'm supposed to go to San Francisco on business that day, but I'll postpone leaving a day if sentiment holds out for the 30th.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:16 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

If there is a reasonable response, I have New Hope that we can still TRY to do the drive this Sunday! It started out as a "pick-up" drive and turned into a regional event. This is great, but.....there are a good number of us that are only an hour or less distant. If it's 10 beautiful machines instead of 30.....so what? The problems with July are: 1) vacations and 2) even hotter and more humid here in SE Pa. Whatever....the majority rules.
Old 06-23-2001, 06:18 AM

Reviewing the poll voting(as of Sat. 10:00 AM), I do not see an overwhelming desire for any particular day.

Rick and I are leaning toward a New Hope run redeux tomorrow Sunday, the 24th. With all the same exciting activities planned(except perhaps the Polo match.

The thought being that next weekend and the following, bracket the 4th of July week which may be a likely vacation time and/or have associated conflicts with local/community celebrations.

Pencil in tomorrow as a good chance of a go.

If anyone e-mailed their info for our database to me, there is a problem with retrieving the mail, which will be corrected Monday. Meanwhile post here.

More to come, Gene B.

ps: Sara's idea also sounds very nice, although I have a partial conflict. If there is a desire to make it then, please post a message.
Old 06-23-2001, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

As it now turns out, I can't make it tomorrow. Crisis in office before big presentation on Monday. So I favor a new date in July, but I'll understand if you all decide to meet tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2001, 02:24 PM

I am definitely up for tomorrow (Sunday) as future weekends are beginning to look awfully murky. We need to decide this quickly before Bob heads home...
Old 06-23-2001, 03:10 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Weather.com for New Hope on Sunday 6/24 indicates partly cloudy all day, with a high of 81 and 30% chance of rain.

There has not been too much response here. We would need Charlie to do a Saturday Night Special to get this organized. Could still do the Black Bass at 11am tomorrow
Old 06-23-2001, 04:42 PM

Although a few of our truly diehard members are hoping for the best, I have also decided to drop out of the Meet tomorrow.

In this case its logical for me as some of the key promoters(Charlie & Rick) are unable to make the meet and the weather forcasts are still inimaginably spread out from cloudy and 30% to 80% chance of afternoon storms. All, however are calling for much less than optimal "top down" conditions.

I suspect Black7564 will miss us altogether, good luck Bob!

To all others: paS2K, Gregg etc. I will look for you on the 30th or as soon as we can re-organize this.

We have got to get this weather stuff right next time.

I vote for Sara's reccommendations of the 30th, although I likely will miss the fireworks. We could do the run a little earlier, grab lunch, find parking(maybe the H.S.) then wander aimlessly about the streets of New Hope after which folks could head for the Concert and fireworks or whatever. Now THATS a plan!!?.

Awaiting further input. Gene B.
Old 06-24-2001, 06:51 AM

I now know how weather forcasters feel. Broadcasting every day, to millions of people, and being WRONG!! Now, thats got to mess up your mind!

Good thing this stuff just bounces off!!

Gene B.

Quick Reply: The New Hope meet is off because of bad weather predictions: vote for alternatives