S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Toys for Tots Drive 22 DEC (LA, Dallas, Denver)

Old 12-06-2001, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toys for Tots Drive 22 DEC (LA, Dallas, Denver)

Hey all,
I know this is short notice, but recently BobsS000 brought up a great idea. He proposed that the s2000 community organize a charity event similar to the Toys for tots event that the Harley Davidson owners do every year. Many people have replied to his message (located in the S2000 Talk forum "We're a fortunate bunch), and expressed interest in putting it together. It would not only be a noble gesture for less fortunate children during the holiday season, but a great time to meet other S2000 owners in a meet during the dead of winter. A must for top down extremists!

Here is what we are close to finishing. On the 22nd of December, in (currently) three cities across the nation volunteers from the S2000 community will gather at designated local dealers (sponsors at least in a small way) and make a drive to a charity (most likely a nationally recognized org like Ronald McDonald House or United Way) to bring the children toys to make their holiday more memorable. While there we'll spend some time with the kids and let them look around at all the cars, in general just be friendly with them. I'm sure they'll have lots of questions about us. Then we'll take off and meet up at the local Hooters or wherever to have lunch and get to meet other s2k owners.

If you would like to participate, post a reply here. If you do not live near one of the three cities but would still like to participate please reply. The cities were chosen as a result of those that have already expressed an interest in attending.

I would like to get two volunteers to head up the meets from both LA and Dallas. I'll do the Denver one since that's where I'll be at the time. I will also act as a point of contact to keep things as organized as possible.

If you would like to help contacting charities or dealerships PM me and I'll let you know what I could use some help on, and I'll also give you any information you may need.

Finally, ideas are still welcome, however, due to the short notice of the event and the need to come up with a final plan please post them very soon (i.e. next couple days).

Thanks to everyone who has already volunteered. This looks to be a great event!