S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

2000 Modifications and Maintenance

Old 04-22-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice

Gonna whack coilies on mine soon.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:29 PM

I am really enjoying this thread. Looks great man.
Any links for the carbon Vinyl?
Old 05-01-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did your upholster guy replace your whole soft top? If so is that a Robbins top?

Nice car. Like all the maitenance and modifications so far. Once you start autocrossing you'll love your car even more!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mysterioJR
Nice

Gonna whack coilies on mine soon.
What kind of coilovers? I've found that Koni Yellow shocks and Elispr springs are very nice for a budget. Also, Bilstein PSS9 and KWV3s of course are definitely on my list of recommendations if you're looking for a major upgrade to stock. All out baller status is Ohlins or Mugens, I've only heard great things about these, though. Never actually tried them out. Good luck with your suspension endeavors!

Originally Posted by whitebrad25
I am really enjoying this thread. Looks great man.
Any links for the carbon Vinyl?
Thank you! I bummed a small amount of it off of the tint guy, but I know for sure that it's 3M 1080 series vinyl wrap.
Here is a link that I found to a relatively large sheet for $20: http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotchprint...0+carbon+fiber
If you really want, you can message me and I'll find out for sure exactly where he gets his vinyl from.

Originally Posted by Themikewoo
Did your upholster guy replace your whole soft top? If so is that a Robbins top?

Nice car. Like all the maitenance and modifications so far. Once you start autocrossing you'll love your car even more!
Thanks! Yes, he replaced the entire top with a brand new EZ-ON top. It's OEM material, not cloth. (with modifry straps) I opted for this over the Robbins because of availability and price. Total cost of the top shipped was $405 versus the Robbins at almost $600. Although, sometimes I do wish I had gotten the nicer Robbins top.

Also, thanks to everybody who has been following this thread!
I have a few more goodies to update with soon. The front end is going to look completely different.(hint)
Old 05-22-2015, 05:22 PM

Update time! This has been a very interesting two weeks for my S2000.

First off - I f@#ked up. The wheel was turned too much going up a curb too fast and I bacon'd my passenger fender...

I banged it out with a rubber mallet but only managed to make it look like a mangled fender... So basically I'm going to get +30mm front fenders if I cant fix the damage with a roller... Ugh.

On another shitty note, I put the car up for sale and found a buyer within the first six hours it was up for sale. We agreed on $12,000 for the car as-is, minus the RPF1s and KWV3s. He went to the bank and had a loan made for this car's VIN. He then came to see the car in person and refused to buy it because of the small dent on the driver's side quarter panel directly above the wheel. (this was before I mangled the fender, btw.) At this point, I had the car completely torn apart, ready to sell to him but when he refused, I was forced to put it all back together. FML.

I figured since it was already in the shop and taken apart, I would check the valve clearances and make sure everything was still torqued under the valve cover from the recent retainer swap. Apparently I rushed the last v/a, a few clearances were .001-.002" loose or tight. So I spent a good two hours checking each valve, three times each.

At least it's perfect now... Whatever...

The engine is running great and sounds so nice. About 30 miles down the road, my CEL comes on for the second time in my ownership. (Which, really... I can't complain about.) The shop was locked up and my scan tool was also locked in there. Went to Advance the following day and I had a P0411, secondary air pump incorrect flow. So I pull the front bumper cover off, search for ANYTHING that would indicate a vacuum leak, but gave up after about half an hour of searching. I let the car down so the engine bay was about eye level and I see a tiny vacuum line that came loose when I pulled the valve cover. This was the whole issue. I was pretty pissed...

That was a bad few days. In my fury, I took the car off of CL and told all interested parties to leave me alone. Apparently my S was upset that I almost sold it. I figured it was the best time possible to take care of a task that I was procrastinating to do for a long, long time.

First, my driver's seat was a wreck. I needed to figure something out to fix it. So I did.
Half an hour and some ancient Chinese secrets later and....

Before:

After:

AMAZING work. I was so impressed. And yes, that's the SAME seat, SAME material. Nothing was stitched in, nothing was replaced.

And finally, my front bumper was looking a little destroyed from the 15 years of abuse it has gotten. And my AP2 bumper was getting quite dusty in my closet.
So of course, I had a new OEM lip and the bumper painted and matched to my car. I had the front plate holes shaved because I will never need them.

Perfect match. All that talk of matching Silverstone being impossible can kick rocks. We did it no problem.

And finally... (the weatherstripping is in my toolbox, I'll put it on later)

It's been a crazy two weeks. But that's life. Now I just need to find a new Silverstone passenger fender or some wider front fenders. (WTB in disguise ) Thanks for keeping up on my "build" thread. I have no idea what will come in the next few months as of now. Hopefully some more good stuff.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:23 PM

Loving the build thread haha. Whats the secret to fix those seats?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, many vtecs, good job.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by dyan
Loving the build thread haha. Whats the secret to fix those seats?
Haha just some leather filler, sand paper, and Honda dye. I had never heard of leather filler until my upholsterer showed me. The seat comes out smooth instead of textured, but other than that, you can't even tell it has been repaired.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why did you put it up for sale?
Old 05-22-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Themikewoo
Why did you put it up for sale?
Same question. I appreciate how meticulous you are. Good stuff.

Quick Reply: 2000 Modifications and Maintenance