S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Advice on Clutch Replacement

Old 12-17-2019, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flanders
I wouldn't call the ACT pressure plate aggressive.
Mine actually felt softer than the stock PP I had before, but that was mostly because a completely dry release bearing guide.
I've tried comparing the pedal effort on some friends cars with stock parts and it's very hard to notice any difference though.
If you are going forced induction in the future you should definitely get the ACT HD PP now and save massive amounts of wrenching time.
If you are going to do the install yourself check out the amazing guides done by DIYGuys on youtube.
Here is the first one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xqEghlMvs
Thanks for this I'll be certain to watch it before I start my reassembly
Old 12-17-2019, 05:48 AM

Received 618 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Jin_Muff
I'm now seeing this message but it's very informative I'm not sure if the parts I bought will be sent with the Honda grease but I'll be sure to be generous when applying it. I don't have the ap2 motor I have the ap1 motor. I recently bought a 10lb flywheel but I have to take it to the machine shop to be replaced. My issues came when I removed the transmission and saw everything rusted down to the pressure plate bolts so I ordered those as well.
Hopefully I receive my items soon so I can start to reassemble the setup. I also have to open the tranny to reseal it as I found some leakage. I'll take a close look at the video posted above to get a better guide.
It will not come with the parts. It has its own part number. Honda Super Hi Temp Urea grease. 08798-9002, be sure you order a tub of that, it's around $10. I'd say it's critical; no other grease is up to the task. You'll have plenty left over to regrease your shifter while you have that out as well