S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Another Ingalls ETD Review

Old 06-20-2011, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ingalls ETD Review

After being delayed a week due to a wrong bolt that came in the box, I was able to get the correct bolt directly from Ingalls (THANKS DAVE!) and complete this install.

Having owned one of these on a RSX Type-S I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Obviously wheel hop wasn't my concern this time around, but I was hoping for a more stable engine for up/down shifts. I was not disappointed.

A word on the install, probably one of the easiest I have ever done. The directions were clear enough to muddle through, but the lack of specifics on the metal washer locations forced me to look up the DIY here which was brilliantly done BTW. I'm one of those people that if every step isn't thoroughly documented, I search for other resources until I find the common answer. I don't like guessing when it comes to an install, simply because I'm paranoid about doing damage to my baby. Regardless, once I figured out where everything went, the install was quick and painless with the right tools. The only thing I would have changed in the instructions is the addition of torque values. Had to search my helms for those, but would have been more convenient if they were included.

Once everything was bolted up (I left at factory tightness), I went for a test drive. Then another, and another, and again today really paid attention to see if it was a placebo effect or if it really did do what I think it did. I can confirm that both UP and DOWN shifting did in fact get smoother. There's noticeably less drivetrain shock should you miss the timing of that perfect shift by a hair. Previously, you were notified if you weren't dead on, you'd feel a back and forth jerk. That has been reduced DRAMATICALLY. Obviously I try to be as precise with my shifts as possible but I don't always nail it and while she would usually let me know instantly if I was off, the ETD now stabilizes everything. Down shifts have improved as well, as rev matching has become a tad easier. The response to the blip now has a higher accuracy and I'm able to perform the action smoother than ever before.

Have to say, one of the best mods for the money and highly recommended!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I heard that the ETD makes the engine mounts go out much earlier and overtime will cause the steering column vibration.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

where did you hear this? Explain please.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 AM

I've heard no such thing. If anything it might actually prolong the life of the mounts as the engine isn't rocking as much.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by EastS2k
I heard that the ETD makes the engine mounts go out much earlier and overtime will cause the steering column vibration.
if anything the etd should prolong the life of the motor mounts since the etd is taking some of the shock load.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard that bears shit in the woods
Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by skittle_107
i heard that bears shit in the woods
where did you hear this, explain?

I heard bears shit in trailer park porta potties.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:33 PM

Old 06-22-2011, 06:05 AM

You're all wrong, the POPE shits in the woods.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:08 AM

One of my next mods. I have heard good things but am interested to hear about any negative effects.

Quick Reply: Another Ingalls ETD Review