S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Any experience with RedlineGoods?

Old 02-13-2019, 08:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Any experience with RedlineGoods?

My stock wheel is peeling and I am interested in getting a new wheel that retains OEM look and $129 isn't bad at all compared to the $1,000+ Guardian charges for their wheels.

I specifically am looking at this one:

Has anyone ever used them or have any experience with their products?
Old 02-14-2019, 12:08 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Have you ever heard of searching?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Redl...ite%3As2ki.com
Old 02-14-2019, 02:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I had their alcantara wheel wrap and shift boot. I was less than impressed with the fit of the products. The wheel cover did not have enough material to cover the spokes properly; there were slight gaps even with lots of stretching. It was functional, but not a show piece. The shift boot did not have the correct holes for the retaining ring, so I had to punch additional holes to install it.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:15 AM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Fokker
I had their alcantara wheel wrap and shift boot. I was less than impressed with the fit of the products. The wheel cover did not have enough material to cover the spokes properly; there were slight gaps even with lots of stretching. It was functional, but not a show piece. The shift boot did not have the correct holes for the retaining ring, so I had to punch additional holes to install it.
similar experience with the shift boot. However the one I received was also the wrong size...
Old 02-14-2019, 07:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I recently ordered the shift boot and ebrake boot for another car. I loved the options you could get. Haven't installed, but quality looks excellent.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:17 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Their shift boot did not fit at all. The center armrest fit after some fiddling and stretching.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I went ahead and just ordered a better condition used OEM wheel from Ebay from a part out S2K it was $144 seems like with RedlineGoods you have to glue and sew the cover to the wheel yourself and it takes 6hrs.

I was under the impression they mail you a complete wheel ready to install.

But they say you can mail your wheel to an installer and they can do it but it adds +$150 to your order. Seems like too much of a hastle.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:23 AM

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts

Redlinegoods' leather is good quality, but man their fit and finish can be all over the place.

I once ordered a shift boot for my Mazdaspeed 3, got the leather only to realized virtually all the pre-cut slots don't line up with my car. Here's how a customer service call went down:

Me: "I got the shift boot, but the pre-cut slots don't line up."
Redline: "Try stretching it."
Me: "o.0 you want me to stretch the newly purchased leather just so your misaligned shift boot will barely fit into my car?"
Redlines: "Yep, just stretch it."
Me: "Well what if I damage the leather while stretching it?"
Redlines: "We can replace it if you damage it while stretching it."
Me: "So that's another 2-3 weeks of shipping turnaround time? And I'd have to disassemble my car again?"
Redlines: "Yep."
Me: "Here are some pictures, it doesn't fit my car. Can you just send me a replacement now?"
Redlines: "No, just stretch it until it fits."
Me: "So what if I barely get it onto the car, but because of the tension exerted by the stretched leather, it breaks off the plastic tabs surrounding the shift boot anchors in my car?"
Me: "Hello?"
Me: "Hello?"
Me: "Hey asshole, you there? Your shit don't fit."
Me: "Redline, if you're an asshole, feel free to not reply."

I ended up cutting the pre-cut slots and enlarging them myself so it'll fit onto my Mazdaspeed 3. The leather itself is great, no doubt about that, stitching is quality too. But man, between the fit and finish, and the asshole who runs the place. I can't say I recommend them.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:58 AM

Received 156 Likes on 114 Posts

You could always hit up Reggie for a custom wheel. He's really great and does not charge for cores.

Reggie's Custom Wheels
Old 02-14-2019, 04:37 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Guardian wheels are really nice and worth the money if you plan on keeping the car, ask me why I know this!

Quick Reply: Any experience with RedlineGoods?