S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Ap1 cluster visor

Old 08-22-2018, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ap1 cluster visor

Hello, yesterday I bougth my first s2000 and it's pretty good but I need to replace some parts, one of them is the plastic part of the cluster that you can touch, I think that it's called the visor. It has the rpm numbers, fuel and temperture sticker. Can someone help me with the link to buy it or tell me the correct name.

thank you
PD. Sorry but my english is not good
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~visor~assy~78155-s2a-003.html?Make=Honda&Model=S2000&Year=2002&Submodel =&Filter=(bt=1%2c106;et=2%2c8)&Location=meter-components,3063696,17

I found this but I'm not pretty sure about it
Old 08-22-2018, 09:02 PM

Default This one is the plastic that I need

Old 08-22-2018, 09:09 PM

There you can see some scratches :/ I need that plastic
Old 08-22-2018, 10:02 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Unfortunately you're ****ed. I'm facing the same dilemma although mine is nowhere near as bad as yours. What you're looking for is the lens assembly, which is part number 78170-S2A-E02. It's been discontinued by Honda for some time now, and all attempts to order them from websites that still allow you to come back saying they can no longer get it. Your only real option is to find a used cluster and take the lens off of it, as the mileage is stored in the cluster; if you just swap the entire assemblies your mileage will no longer be correctly displayed. Sorry man, wish I had better news for you.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:56 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on in that photo. Is it just scratched, or are there separate layers that are delaminating? If it's scratches only then I'd try using something like the Novus plastic polishing system before I thought about replacing the whole thing.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by GuthNW
It's hard to tell exactly what's going on in that photo. Is it just scratched, or are there separate layers that are delaminating? If it's scratches only then I'd try using something like the Novus plastic polishing system before I thought about replacing the whole thing.
yeah, I know that isn't the best picture, tomorrow i'll upload another so you can see it. The novus work good? Thanks for your help
Old 08-22-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by S2kys
Unfortunately you're ****ed. I'm facing the same dilemma although mine is nowhere near as bad as yours. What you're looking for is the lens assembly, which is part number 78170-S2A-E02. It's been discontinued by Honda for some time now, and all attempts to order them from websites that still allow you to come back saying they can no longer get it. Your only real option is to find a used cluster and take the lens off of it, as the mileage is stored in the cluster; if you just swap the entire assemblies your mileage will no longer be correctly displayed. Sorry man, wish I had better news for you.
well....I think I'm really ****ed. If you know about a cluster and oem tail lamps contact to me please. @percyjoh_ep3 on instagram. Thank you for your help
Old 08-22-2018, 11:12 PM

I've been really surprised by the severity of the scratches I was able to remove with the Novus system. I've used it on a variety of items including the face shields on my motorcycle helmets. If the plastic surface is actually gouged then it won't be enough, but if it's scratched the Novus is worth a try. I don't think that you're supposed to use it on coated plastics which is one of the reasons I asked about the possibility of layers.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
I've been really surprised by the severity of the scratches I was able to remove with the Novus system. I've used it on a variety of items including the face shields on my motorcycle helmets. If the plastic surface is actually gouged then it won't be enough, but if it's scratched the Novus is worth a try. I don't think that you're supposed to use it on coated plastics which is one of the reasons I asked about the possibility of layers.
Wish that would work for my particular situation. What would've been a roughly $40 fix is going to cost me several hundred dollars....For whatever reason my cluster face has diagonal cracks near the bottom....However subtle it may be it still bugs me to no end because that almost never happens from pictures I've seen of other cars with hundreds of thousands more miles than mine...

I'm most likely picking up another cluster anyway and robbing it for parts; particularly the stuff that will need to be dremeled; I plan on doing the QUBE LED cluster. I figured I can steal the faceplate and various other internal plastics while leaving my original cluster intact although disassembled for the LED portion. If I need to modify anything from original I prefer to do that with a spare part as opposed to the original so if I wish to return to stock I haven't made permanent changes.

Here's a pic of my cluster, you can see the cracks near the bottom close to the bezel.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:20 AM

Even those cracks look strange to me, can you actually feel sharp edges with the tip of your finger or fingernail as you gently brush across them? I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance that there is a layer of clear protective film left on those displays that should have been removed long ago?

Quick Reply: Ap1 cluster visor