S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Ap1 cluster visor

Old 08-23-2018, 12:55 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Even those cracks look strange to me, can you actually feel sharp edges with the tip of your finger or fingernail as you gently brush across them? I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance that there is a layer of clear protective film left on those displays that should have been removed long ago?
I've actually tried that and I haven't felt anything. Regardless I'll be butchering a cluster for parts so I'll be interested to see what it is when I finally get around to opening it up. Regarding the Novus, it's good stuff I take it? I might go ahead and get some for the other cluster so before I button everything back up I can have the plastic restored to factory new.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:49 AM

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kys
Unfortunately you're ****ed. I'm facing the same dilemma although mine is nowhere near as bad as yours. What you're looking for is the lens assembly, which is part number 78170-S2A-E02. It's been discontinued by Honda for some time now, and all attempts to order them from websites that still allow you to come back saying they can no longer get it. Your only real option is to find a used cluster and take the lens off of it, as the mileage is stored in the cluster; if you just swap the entire assemblies your mileage will no longer be correctly displayed. Sorry man, wish I had better news for you.
I got one of these from Honda Canada a couple of years ago no problem. It may not be available at this point however. Maybe try Marc at the S2000 / NSX Shop in Japan. There are parts that can be sourced in Japan that are discontinued here.
The following users liked this post:
512S2k (09-29-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by The King
I got one of these from Honda Canada a couple of years ago no problem. It may not be available at this point however. Maybe try Marc at the S2000 / NSX Shop in Japan. There are parts that can be sourced in Japan that are discontinued here.
Same part number? I’m trying to order something right now, I’ll see how it works out. If it does I’ll update this thread with info.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:47 AM

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

Same part number? I’m trying to order something right now, I’ll see how it works out. If it does I’ll update this thread with info.
Yes mine is the same part number.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:19 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Regarding the Novus, it's good stuff I take it?
Yep, it's been very handy to have around. Highly recommended.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Deckoz
Novis 2 or 3 step is amazing.

I have seen some broken electrically clusters on eBay for cheap. Can always buy a cluster and swap internals.
Stand by for an alternative
Old 08-27-2018, 08:25 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have some mint ap1 2002 tails if interested. I saw your posted you were looking
Old 08-27-2018, 10:12 PM

Sorry, false alarm gents....

I use a Japanese parts website called Amayama, I use it to order most of my JDM parts when I get their part numbers as opposed to paying the premium markup from US vendors, I just go straight to the source. Anyways I looked up the part diagrams for 00-03 Euro/JDM Ap1s and it showed that cluster glass was available and in-stock. The part number varied slightly from USDM (-J02 instead of -E02, but from all the pictures I've looked up of RHD s2ks I saw zero difference between them. It showed as in stock and having a qty in their warehouse and it was $54. I placed my order and it was just cancelled today unfortunately. Apparently that too is discontinued. I'm assuming these parts will show as available until someone tries to place an order and then they get flagged as discontinued. I also ordered the plastics that go behind the headrest as mine are silver and all scuffed, they said that order will be a 2 month backorder delay which I'm not hopeful on as US dealers list it as discontinued. I understand that these cars ultimately weren't built in large quantity, and Honda has no obligation to continue supporting them anymore, but I had no idea I'd have such a hard time sourcing these parts. Sucks even worse that I have the all red interior...praying to the gods that I don't damage my door panels or dash because I'll be screwed.

TL;DR looks like I'll be buying a used cluster after all.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vasquezgno
I have some mint ap1 2002 tails if interested. I saw your posted you were looking
send me some photos
Old 08-27-2018, 10:36 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Sorry, false alarm gents....

I placed my order and it was just cancelled today unfortunately. Apparently that too is discontinued. I'm assuming these parts will show as available until someone tries to place an order and then they get flagged as discontinued.
Man I hate it when that happens. I've had similar experiences in the past with the 1988 Honda Hawk GT that I just sold earlier this year. Get all excited thinking that you've finally located a hard to find item only to discover that it was indeed too good to be true. Very frustrating.

Quick Reply: Ap1 cluster visor