S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Better CF Hood VIS or Seibon?

Old 01-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better CF Hood VIS or Seibon?

Well just got approved on my loan for my AP2 today and one of the first things im going to get for it when I find the one i want is a CF hood. But my question is, is there much a of a difference between the VIS and the Seibon? both have identical vents it looks like.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a seibon hood and vis side and rear diffuser. Both are great and the quality of both companies products was top notch. I have not seen a vis hood in person but there other products seem to be top notch. I would say go seibon, most people seem to have good luck with there fitment. Mine fit perfect, required no adjustment, and looks great. Your results may vary, Good luck. PS I know it's probably not what you want to here, but I would think twice about modding a car thats not paid for. No offense, but if your borrowing money to buy it, you really can't afford it. Take that hood money and pay down the car. Debt free is the way to be. You will enjoy it a lot more without that payment hanging over you.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

both are very high quality cant go wrong.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by s2cho
VIS and Seibon hoods are high quality?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 PM

From what I've read, those hoods weigh more than OEM (so no performance gains through weight reduction yo! ) and they might indeed have fitment issues. See here for list of hood weights:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/539...#entry11791083
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/909...-than-a-grand/

If you want vented, I'd recommend getting a vented FRP hood. At least it'll be easier for a bodyshop to fix any fitment problems and you won't have to deal with the issues associated with questionable-quality carbon fiber (fading, visible ripples, pinholes developing all over if you clearcoat it, etc).
Old 01-20-2012, 08:20 PM

high quality hoods for s2000 only come from powerhouse amuse, asm, mugen, etc. but they are mad JDM priced.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec
Originally Posted by s2cho' timestamp='1327117985' post='21337932
VIS and Seibon hoods are high quality?
most all hoods fit spot on with just a little bushing adjustment and their clear coats last for a good year or two with regular waxing.

ebay hoods on the other hand will rub with the valve cover or will sit high and low at one spot. and the clear coat is garbage on them.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:08 PM

On my civic I have a seibon oem style hood, fit perfectly. I've had it for 3 years, it gets a weekly wash and probably gets 5-6 waxes a year. Hood still looks brand new, no warp, fade, or oxidation. Of course it was a lot lighter than the stock hood because they're steel, s2000's are aluminum.

CF would contrast nicely with pretty much any color S, not sure if it would look as good on silver though. CF on black is nice as well.

Both companies sell different styles, oem style, different ones with vents, whatever you like...
Old 01-21-2012, 06:46 PM

even though it was off topic it has nothing to do with not being able to afford it, i could pay for the whole car cash actually, but seeings how EVERYTHING i own ive paid cash for i need build my credit more so i figured id buy another nice car put a 1/4 down and finance the rest, put some money into and have fun! but anyways back to topic. I see quite a few s2ks on here with the seibon and vis style hood i want is there another company that makes them or are they all seibon or vis? thanks again
Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ashton23
even though it was off topic it has nothing to do with not being able to afford it, i could pay for the whole car cash actually, but seeings how EVERYTHING i own ive paid cash for i need build my credit more so i figured id buy another nice car put a 1/4 down and finance the rest, put some money into and have fun! but anyways back to topic. I see quite a few s2ks on here with the seibon and vis style hood i want is there another company that makes them or are they all seibon or vis? thanks again
Just offering some friendly advice, sorry if you took it the wrong way. I have found that living debt free is quite amazing, and I can't help but share with others. I hate to see young people fall into the trap of debt like I did. Don't be a sheep and worship at the alter of the allmighty fico score. The only reason to build your credit is to be able to buy things you can't afford. Continue to pay cash and you will become wealthy. Borrowing only makes the lender wealthy. It makes you a slave. As far as the hoods, you can get them from mugen, spoon, seibon, vis, carbon creations, amuse, and lots of chinese knockoff venders. Really boils down to what you want to spend.

Quick Reply: Better CF Hood VIS or Seibon?