S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Body kit

Old 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body kit

Hey there guys just bought my dream car... (s2k obviously) I wanted this to be my project car as well so I was looking online at some body kits to dress it up and I came across the duraflex vader body kit. I was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with these kits as far as how well it fits the car/how much work you put into it and also if any current owners are happy with this product. You feedback is much appreciated and I'm glad to be part of the s2ki community now!

~Rob
Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM

Please don't. If this is your dream car, then you will love it the way it is, not dressed up in a fish suit. If you want the body to look more aggressive look into getting an oem lip. If you have to go with a body kit, do your research. The duraflex is cheap because it's...cheap. I know someone near where I work who has had to have the front bumper fixed multiple times because it is so easy to crack. Spend some time in the Gallery sub forum and researching what looks good and has a reputation for good quality.

But hey, to each his own. Its your car, do what you want to with it.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:48 PM

I got ya, I'm just excited to have one now, and having a car that there is soo much you can do with, the possibilities are endless. I will definitely do some research, I just heard extreme dimensions is a good company as far as fitting goes, just material is the next question. I was also interested in a trunk lip, I saw one in the gallery here that was extended from the normal lip you usually see, not sure where to find one though.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure who you've been talking to, but ED has a rep of manufacturing marginal products.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this the rear spoiler you mean? http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/u...ostas_s2k3.jpg

If so, it's Backyard Special. Actually from memory, their full kit isn't bad. That said, my favourite bodykit for the S2000 is the OEM kit.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever you do, don't get the Vader kit.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by secUnd3r
Please don't. If this is your dream car, then you will love it the way it is, not dressed up in a fish suit. If you want the body to look more aggressive look into getting an oem lip.

Originally Posted by ookielookie
Whatever you do, don't get the Vader kit.
I agree.

Look into different lips and side-diffusers.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:22 AM

As stated, if you want a body kit type of appearance, go with good products for the different sides:

Front - OEM lip and perhaps a Splitter
Side - OEM strakes or side diffusers
Rear - Diffuser

There are some good front bumpers out there, but I really haven't seen too many good rear bumpers or side skirts.

I am doing piece by piece myself - have the OEM AP2 lip, just got a CF splitter, looking to get side diffusers in the near future and then a rear diffuser to finish it off.

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I agree with everyone pretty much. That kit has to be the ugliest available for this car!!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 AM

First, welcome and congrats. Second there's a body kit forum: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/232...ody-and-paint/

Quick Reply: Body kit