S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Buddy Club Tail Lights

Old 03-14-2018, 09:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a pair of taillights from the second batch after returning the first set. They still leak, it’s poor engineering. To me it looks like they stuffed the front of the taillights into a pre existing back molding and it doesn’t fit. Spray the edges with a water bottle and where the red circle are in my pic where the weather stripping ends. I guarantee water will get in.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Yeah - I'm really not sure anymore about these anymore - thanks for the vid link - I've seen it before. I'm trying to find some before and after shots of mostly stock looking cars. The vids and pics out there are on heavily modded (aesthetically) cars which I think these suit but a mostly stock car it may look goofy.
I think you answered your question. S2000 is such an iconic classic if you have a stock car it is best not to mess with it by putting on some aftermarket lights.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:08 PM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks all - much appreciate the feedback! I think the AP2 lights look better now that I've seen more pics.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed mines today. Loving it so far.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slam126
I have a pair of taillights from the second batch after returning the first set. They still leak, it’s poor engineering. To me it looks like they stuffed the front of the taillights into a pre existing back molding and it doesn’t fit. Spray the edges with a water bottle and where the red circle are in my pic where the weather stripping ends. I guarantee water will get in.

I’ve ran into the same issue. They weren’t even installed for more than a week and first rain they’re all wet inside. I’ve emailed them about it and still am awaiting a response. I bought mine through rockstar garage so hopefully that won’t interfere with this process. I just wish I’d have seen you images before I installed so I could have attempted to prevent even having to deal with this, guess I have myself to blame for that.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

^ Buddy Club has one of the shittiest customer services I've experienced so don't get your hopes up
I also emailed them a few weeks ago with a question about their seat rails but they don't feel like answering my question, so I guess I don't feel like buying their seat rail either.

Saw another set of these lights for sale in the UK last week... The guy selling them ordered the AP2 version and they sent him AP1, asked if he could return them but BC refused.
Kinda annoys me they know these lights have issues, yet they just keep on selling them and if customers complain they just ignore them or tell them to go f themselves (even if they accidentally send you the wrong ones).

Too bad, this was one of the few aftermarket lights I really like and considered buying, seeing and reading all the issues with the lights as well as the company I definately won't be buying them.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Man this sucks. I actually saw them on an S2000 in a local meet. They look amazing IMO and make the car have Audi vibes. Too bad there is leaking and bad communication. I really want to buy these, but just a bit scared about what I am hearing...
Old 03-27-2019, 06:26 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If you guys experience hyperblinking with these tail lights, I have a fix for these: Turn Signal LED HyperBlink Fixers - $4.00 : JS2K.com!

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:31 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

These things are terrible.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think they look great and knock on wood they seemed to have improved their manufacturing as I haven't experienced any leaks into the housing. Here's a video for reference:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t5NARPkVPEwbyDvc6

Quick Reply: Buddy Club Tail Lights