S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Burtman Industries Black Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

Old 11-11-2019, 03:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased the carbon fiber interior trim kit from Burtman last week for my AP2
Old 11-11-2019, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonnytatt
I just purchased the carbon fiber interior trim kit from Burtman last week for my AP2
Nice, I ordered mine Friday the 1st, still waiting on it.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Looks like nice stuff, reasonably priced.

I didn't like how the side pods of dash, radio and heater controls, have a smooth surface, that magnifies every scratch and every smudge. Same with console sliding door and the X shaped piece next to it. So I used dinoc wrap. Came out great, but doesn't have the gloss of real cf like these do. Plus it was a lot of work. But it was inexpensive!

I was careful to orient wrap in same direction and with matching pattern, so it looks like it was supposed to be that way. Trimming around switches and especially around heater leds was hardest part.

This way is much faster, and don't need to disassemble entire dash and console (I had them apart already for different reason).

I like how mine came out. I'm not a fan of glossy. But the real stuff will be way more durable long term.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Looks like nice stuff, reasonably priced.

I didn't like how the side pods of dash, radio and heater controls, have a smooth surface, that magnifies every scratch and every smudge. Same with console sliding door and the X shaped piece next to it. So I used dinoc wrap. Came out great, but doesn't have the gloss of real cf like these do. Plus it was a lot of work. But it was inexpensive!

I was careful to orient wrap in same direction and with matching pattern, so it looks like it was supposed to be that way. Trimming around switches and especially around heater leds was hardest part.

This way is much faster, and don't need to disassemble entire dash and console (I had them apart already for different reason).

I like how mine came out. I'm not a fan of glossy. But the real stuff will be way more durable long term.
Nice! You got any pictures of it? I emailed the company asking for more pics and a tracking number a week ago, never got a response.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:15 PM

I'll take some pics...
Old 11-13-2019, 09:50 AM

I'll take some pics...
Sweet, thank you. Website doesn't have many pictures of the kit as a whole.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:18 AM

Oh, I see. You wanted better photos of the kit. Perhaps I wasn't clear, or maybe you were responding to someone else. I don't have the kit, I was just admiring it. Before I knew of this kits existence, I did a cf wrap using 3M dinoc. I wrapped only the stuff that has a smooth finish, so less comprehensive than this kit.

So I can only get photos of my cf wrap efforts, not of this kit.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:03 PM

Oh, I see. You wanted better photos of the kit. Perhaps I wasn't clear, or maybe you were responding to someone else. I don't have the kit, I was just admiring it. Before I knew of this kits existence, I did a cf wrap using 3M dinoc. I wrapped only the stuff that has a smooth finish, so less comprehensive than this kit.

So I can only get photos of my cf wrap efforts, not of this kit.
Oh I gotcha, yeah still waiting on a response. Ordered it a while back.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wondering if Burtman is still in business, as i ordered my kit 2 weeks ago and have had zero communication from them. Called and left voice mail along with multiple emails and text messages to them with no response.
Getting ready to file a claim with my bank
Old 11-21-2019, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jonnytatt
Wondering if Burtman is still in business, as i ordered my kit 2 weeks ago and have had zero communication from them. Called and left voice mail along with multiple emails and text messages to them with no response.
Getting ready to file a claim with my bank
Ordered mine the 1st. I've been texting with Jason (the owner) and he told me the factory ran out of materials while he was at SEMA last week, and that he just needs to get a refill and orders will be out the door.

Quick Reply: Burtman Industries Black Carbon Fiber Dash Kit