S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Is this clutch and pressure plate still good?

Old 08-27-2011, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this clutch and pressure plate still good?

I was just wondering if this clutch and pressure plate were still in good condition. To me it looks like the clutch disc needs replaced and the pressure plate needs to be machined and cleaned up, but i'm being told otherwise by the seller. Please shed some light on this situation for me. The first pictures is kinda blurry, but if you look you can tell the disc is nearly to the rivets and the seller states that there is about 77% life left in it and that the pressure plate was resurfaced before being shipped to me.
Is my mechanic wrong or is the seller wrong? The seller has not been nice about this whole situation at all and looks like i'll be filing a credit card claim against him to get my money back since he won't refund my money.

[attachment=8281:clutch 2.jpeg]
[attachment=8282:clutch 3.jpeg]
[attachment=8283:clutch.jpeg]
[attachment=8284ressure plate 2.jpeg]
[attachment=8285ressure plate.jpeg]
Attached Thumbnails Is this clutch and pressure plate still good?-clutch-2.jpeg   Is this clutch and pressure plate still good?-clutch-3.jpeg   Is this clutch and pressure plate still good?-clutch.jpeg   Is this clutch and pressure plate still good?-pressure-plate-2.jpeg   Is this clutch and pressure plate still good?-pressure-plate.jpeg  

Old 08-27-2011, 08:46 AM

You should always buy a new clutch kit instead of a used one to avoid those kind of headaches. Plus changing the clutch it a big job to do on the S2k to be replacing it with used parts that won't last long. I hope you get your money back.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM

The seller told me that he will give me 175 of the 225 back... keeps telling me i'm stupid and he feels bad for me for not being able to see that this clutch kit is still good.... He shipped it in a flat rate usps box that costs him 15 bucks so i told him i'll return everything for 210 back.... sounds reasonable right??
Old 08-27-2011, 09:52 AM

just got off the phone again with the seller and he wasn't the nicest person to deal with ha.... told me that he's used to dealing with porsches, bmws, and higher end cars and money isn't an issue for him and that hes only on this forum because his gf has an s2000 and told me its a piece of shxt. told me that all the people that i've shown don't know what they're talking about and that the clutch and pressure plate are still good and that hes not giving me my 50 dollars because i filed a paypal claim and didn't contact him first when i did contact him to ask why he would say that the cluch disc was still good when its clearly visible that it isnt.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Seems like there are plenty of good folks here... and some not so good folks... I have just joined and had the "pleasure" of getting hosed by a few of them.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for your bad experience. I got hosed for 700 for a hood on here once. I'm a mechanic and its my opinion from what i'm seeing on the pics that clutch has been setting on a shelf for quite some time. Disc is thin but does still have a little life, but unless your gonna sell the car you put that in tomorrow i'd def. not use that. I just sold a stage 4 clutch with 15k miles on it that came out of my na car looking like brand new for 250$. Unfortunately this is about a 25$ clutch. Hope you get your money back. Good luck
Old 08-27-2011, 01:24 PM

No don't get me wrong I love the s2000 community and have met some of the coolest people I know that are willing to help you out whenever well at least delval and mid atlantic region but yeah I've been having lots of issues lately. Bought a bad crank here a month or so ago but the seller refunded me all my money and just split the cost of shipping which I said I would do since he had no idea but this was bs.... He's still calling me stupid and I don't know how this clutch was made etc but yeah I think from now on I'm sticking to new items only. Exhaust intake etc Ill still buy used if I come accross a good deal but stuff like this I'll stay away. Ended up buying a new cc stage 4 kit because of this matter and all he had to say was so you bought a new one an that's why u want to return the one I sold you. Trust me if I wanted to spend 430 bucks on a new kit I would have from the beginning and not waste a week of my time plus 225 dollars....
Old 08-28-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gappa
Seems like there are plenty of good folks here... and some not so good folks... I have just joined and had the "pleasure" of getting hosed by a few of them.
well go off of someone's reputation before you buy something. This guy was a total tool when i talked to him on the phone... serious tool... i tried to keep my cool when talking to him for the first 20 mins trying to reason with him and stuff, but had no luck and so i started to talk like an asshole back to him... hah, but yeah make sure you check out someones rating and stuff before you buy stuff from them. I've sold plenty of stuff on here and most of the people are happy. I said MOST ha...
Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned

There is no way I'd put that on an S2k. If it were a car that's easy to do a clutch on and I needed to get the car running ASAP and couldn't afford a new clutch, yes. Otherwise, no. That clutch doesn't have much life left, and the S2k is not an easy clutch job.

Sorry you're dealing with a shady seller. If you're looking for a NEW clutch, check out our site. http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/H...417-8--33.html

Exedy makes a great OEM replacement that's reasonably priced. Feel free to call or PM if you need anything.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:02 PM

I actually just put a used pressure plate in my S2K. It was no where near that bad.

You "can" put in a used pressure plate, but the contact surface needs to be in good shape. The other tell are heat spots...

Anyway, there are a few great deals on clutch kits on Honda-Tech and the market place here. Its like 300 for the whole kit, new. Can't beat that.

Quick Reply: Is this clutch and pressure plate still good?