S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Ct Engineering intake

Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ct Engineering intake

Ct engineering intake rattle

So I picked up this intake about a month ago or so and have been attempting to resolve the rattle sound that occurs when the intake lid is on. I’ve referred to a coupe other threads regarding this issue and their solutions have not worked for me (I’ll list them). I know for a fact that the lid is not hitting the hood as there are no marks and I placed foamed on the lid and it did not change the rattle sound. So things that I have done:
- I’ve sanded down parts of the intake lid that I felt were rubbing (using an electric standard)
- Secured foam between the intake lid and the box.
- Eliminated the hood prop
- Changed the side mounting screw of the air box to a longer one as it appeared others who did not have this issue had a large gap between the air box and the side wall of the engine bay.
- Definitely pressed down hard enough when installing it to crush the foam on the ac lines ( I think),
- Even taped foam to the whole inside of the intake lid.
And unfortunately I still have a rattle sound. So my only other idea as of right now is to dynamat the lid similar to what Gernby did to his psjdm intake. So basically I’m looking for suggestions regarding this issue. I’ll post pics of what I’ve done so far.

Threads
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry16046147
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry18524457
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/archive...p/t-56745.html

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Have you tried to shaking it to see if you can reproduce a sound?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM

Mine rattled like hell till I finally went crazy on the foam tape. What was hitting on mine was that the lid was flexing and slightly hitting the hood under full throttle. Some foam tape on the hood and all was fixed.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow_S2K,Jul 8 2010, 07:47 PM
Have you tried to shaking it to see if you can reproduce a sound?
Could you expand on what you mean by shaking? like shaking the the tubing?
thanks.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by speedworksracing,Jul 8 2010, 08:06 PM
Mine rattled like hell till I finally went crazy on the foam tape. What was hitting on mine was that the lid was flexing and slightly hitting the hood under full throttle. Some foam tape on the hood and all was fixed.
hmm, that might be it, since the lid definately flex. I'll give it a throw with foam taping the hood. Any pics ??
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does not look like the filter is sitting right from the first picture. Try rotating it so it's on the same axis as the intake resonator. That may be forcing the intake lid to be sitting higher than it should be.

You might give loosening everything and making it sit as low as possible and then tightening it up a try.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k,Jul 9 2010, 06:53 PM
It does not look like the filter is sitting right from the first picture. Try rotating it so it's on the same axis as the intake resonator. That may be forcing the intake lid to be sitting higher than it should be.

You might give loosening everything and making it sit as low as possible and then tightening it up a try.
after talking to s2k_636, you might be right, so tonight i'm gonna install the filter first then attach it to teh throttle body, and i'll use some foam tape on the hood,
I'll report back if it works.
Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM

I added some dyno mat to the under side of the Cover solved my rattling issue
Old 07-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Maybe also adjust the bump stops in your engine bay to sit a bit higher, and thus your hood will sit slightly higher? Or you could play with the hood latch itself to make it sit slightly higher as well.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow_S2K,Jul 12 2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe also adjust the bump stops in your engine bay to sit a bit higher, and thus your hood will sit slightly higher? Or you could play with the hood latch itself to make it sit slightly higher as well.
hmm the hood latches are a good idea, hadn't thought about that. would the hood not sit flush anymore? and what are the bumps stops?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Ct Engineering intake