S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

DIY - Mugen Hardtop FRP - S2000 AP1/2

Old 10-14-2009, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice..this will definately help, did you by any chance take step by step pics?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sticky this
Old 10-15-2009, 01:57 AM
xoz

Originally Posted by bCaHnIaCnKa,Aug 22 2009, 05:05 AM
The large flat side of the rubber trim goes on the front of the hard top (where it meets the windshield) and you will also need one additional tapping philips screw to screw it in.
Can anyone explain this part with pics as well? So there is a seal that goes on the front of the HT across from latch to latch so to speak.?

can anyone with a authentic Mugen HT post detailed pics of all the seals, front, windows, and rear base.
thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No you do not have to remove the soft top in order to install the hardtop although you *can* choose to do this at your own discretion, but the hard top fits nicely over the soft top after you just put it down.

unfortunately I do not have step by step pictures as initially stated in the original post because I did not think it would take this long or be this complex :\

your hard top should come with THREE rubber pieces for the UNDERSIDE of the hard top in such a way that you have a rubber molding for each side of the window well **as well as** the bottom rear side of the hard top where it meets your car's rear end/trunk area.

the pieces must be installed with the FLAT side facing the hard top so the rubbery side will stick out to cushion as it is supposed to
Old 10-16-2009, 08:56 AM

hey i have a question once you remove the panels behind the seats and install the brackets is there any way to put the panels back on?or must you leave them off
Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by KLASMID,Oct 16 2009, 09:56 AM
hey i have a question once you remove the panels behind the seats and install the brackets is there any way to put the panels back on?or must you leave them off
once you remove the panels from behind the seat (where your speakers should be) in order to gain access to the side of the car to put on the brackets, these brackets should not affect the fitment of these panels behind your seats. you should be able to put them back on the way they came off as the bracket does not touch these panels.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by bCaHnIaCnKa,Oct 15 2009, 08:27 AM
No you do not have to remove the soft top in order to install the hardtop although you *can* choose to do this at your own discretion, but the hard top fits nicely over the soft top after you just put it down.

unfortunately I do not have step by step pictures as initially stated in the original post because I did not think it would take this long or be this complex :\

your hard top should come with THREE rubber pieces for the UNDERSIDE of the hard top in such a way that you have a rubber molding for each side of the window well **as well as** the bottom rear side of the hard top where it meets your car's rear end/trunk area.

the pieces must be installed with the FLAT side facing the hard top so the rubbery side will stick out to cushion as it is supposed to
Wow thats really cool! Thanks for answering!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:10 PM

Old 10-16-2009, 07:46 PM

thanks bCaHnIaCnKa im saving right now for my s2000 im only 18 :/ but i plan on putting a hard top on as soon as a buy it
Old 10-27-2009, 03:12 AM
xoz

would be able to describe these in more detail for me?
4 triangular metal reinforcement plates (goes with bolt down rear door mechanisms)

6 elongated / rounded reinforcement plates (goes with windshield release brackets)

reason being is I have a Mugen style Ht that came with no hardware or additions at all, I have managed to do all the seals, but am now wondering if I need to reinforce where everything is mounted.
cheers

Quick Reply: DIY - Mugen Hardtop FRP - S2000 AP1/2