S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Easy Painting Solution V2 wheels painted

Old 03-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by civichx97
I can't wait to go crazy with this stuff....haha!
Lol yea the possibilities...

Lets not forget people have painted the entire car with it, before you order it online check your "ace hardware" but i know home depot only carries black.

I see some people doing it with clear coat, dont do it with that, or you will have to remove the clear coat base color after you take the thing off. Im gunna do a test on how it reacts with clear coat ontop as far as removal, should be a bit shinier.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll take pix as soon as I have time to clean them up. For the record, nothings changed, they still look good. No peeling/chipping. This stuff isn't going anywhere. Sad to say but, I'm kinda missing my oem finish. If I decide to peel them, I'll be sure to take pics of the during-after removal process.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:43 AM

If nothing has changed you dont even need to do it. Lol whats the big deal? Peel it...its only a 10 dollar investment
Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those white rims like insane!!

So from my understanding, you don't have to prep or anything? just clean as much as possible and spray?? how legit.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Correct!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:23 PM

amazing. i am going to do my ap2v2 sometime. how do you think white on white would look??
Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 AM

The wheels are still doing well. They seem to keep brake dust from settling a little better than just the regular finish (could be because I used a coat or two of clear as well). For anyone doing this, I recommend that you do it in a place with lots of light. I did mine in my garage and I thought I had plenty of light, but I noticed out in the sun that some of the areas between the spokes didn't get as much coverage as I would have liked. Still not bad for a less than ~$50 - I still plan on powdercoating my AP2V1s, but this has helped me protect the wheels and make sure I like the white color till then.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
Lol yea the possibilities...

Lets not forget people have painted the entire car with it, before you order it online check your "ace hardware" but i know home depot only carries black.

I see some people doing it with clear coat, dont do it with that, or you will have to remove the clear coat base color after you take the thing off. Im gunna do a test on how it reacts with clear coat ontop as far as removal, should be a bit shinier.
I did 4 coats of white, totally dry before I did a coat or two of clear. Helped it shine a bit vice the dull/flat look they normally show. I called around at Lowes, Home Depot, O'Reillys, Advance Auto Parts and Autozone and none of them carried anything but black. I had to order online for the white and clear. Got it through a seller on Amazon.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:05 AM

Yea you have to get the colors online unless its Black. If you put on clear coat, can we still rub it off??
and yes! White on White would look great!!! Thats what im on. But its not plastidip white, itll be close tho.

Looks like the white isnt the same white, as this is a pretty color match, it wont be as "Grand PRix" as these... but hey id take it instead of paying 300 for powdercoat

Old 03-17-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
Yea you have to get the colors online unless its Black. If you put on clear coat, can we still rub it off??
and yes! White on White would look great!!! Thats what im on. But its not plastidip white, itll be close tho.

Looks like the white isnt the same white, as this is a pretty color match, it wont be as "Grand PRix" as these... but hey id take it instead of paying 300 for powdercoat

I guess it's not clear coat as much as it was a clear can of plasti-dip. I bought one can of clear plasti-dip to put over my white coatings for a shinier look. Should still come off the same.