S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

FIDANZa flywheel

Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FIDANZa flywheel

hey guys, im just about to install a fidanza flywheel in my car but am not sure as i heard some minor things that worried me....

the disc is bolted on not rivited!!! so i feel a little safer....

and should you go for aftermarket bolts???

anone worried about flywheel failing or coming apart....?

let me know is anyone has had any issues or if they love it or not??!!??!!

cheers
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Former Moderator

Cant comment on the s2000, but I installed one (correctly) on an RSX-S and while it revved great, it chattered too much for my taste.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:57 AM

did you check balance before it went in?

s**t, im already worried now... ill pay to do all this work and it will be crap..

if it has any vibrations ill be pissed... thanks for your input mate!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Former Moderator

I has to do with the flywheel being TOO light. It's the nature of the beast. Light flywheels chatter. That is the drawback. The pro is lightning revs. Most people that install a light flywheel race, and they don't give a rats ass about chatter, as it only happens on 0 throttle DEceleration. You can't have it all, you need to compromise.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:01 AM

do you know if it vibration like its not balanced chatter or if its just light weight noise...

what im saying is this thing will be going hard as all day on a track and also revin its head of on street.... will it dmage anything or will it hold up ok??

noice im not so upset..... but vibration .. well that shouldnt happen it is balanced properly....

also can you use stock flywheel bolts???

thankds for your halp mate. u make a good point.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:35 AM

i had a mechanic install mine there is some chatter among decelerating but often if i dont want to hear it i just push the clutch in and use the brakes more to decel. im pretty sure he used the stock bolts. i think fidanza makes a good quality part and im not too worried about failure of the flywheel. i have been driving on mine for over a year now.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine Chatters as well...I thought it might be a problem until I just read this thread. Now I am not worried about it at all. 3rd gear decel is the main time that I notice it...
Old 10-26-2010, 06:17 AM

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

I've had mine for over 40k mi and no problems. Did the install myself and used stock bolts.

Just as a litmus test I had my friends drive without telling them about the flywheel and asked for their impressions regarding drivability. Not a single one reported any difficulty. Most thought i didn't do anything. They thought the motor was rev happy, but since it has a 9k rev limit they thought that was the nature of the motor.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't had any problems with mine at all. No chatter or vibrations, and it drives like it's much heavier. Honestly, I doubt anyone would suspect I had a light flywheel if the drove it. We used stock bolts with Loctite.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM

thanks heaps everyone for your input... here in australia people mainly drive matresses (holden and ford) and its hard to find people who are doing the same thing to their cars as me...

gernby: how come everyone has chatter and you dont...did you do anything different on install? did u balance the FW & PP before it went in?

i will be doing a lot of track so if its chattering on decel, it will be like.... the entire time.. and cant rely on brakes anymore. i usually let engine do most of the work when daily driving too.

just strange that u all get chatter but gernby doesnt.........

does my head in not knowing why some get it and others dont.... something has to be different in the install as they are identical flywheels.

i dont know if it makes a difference but i have an exedy sports tuff clutch going with this flywheel.. hope it works out ok.

thanks again everyone!!!

Quick Reply: FIDANZa flywheel