S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Front License Plate Tow Hook

Old 09-10-2012, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate Tow Hook

Hey guys, my car is in the shop getting the front end and fenders re painted so I wanted a tow hook front mount so I can fill the holes. I was searching and found this one called the platypus "not the best name" but it looks very well made. I contacted them about a discount so I thought I would share it with anyone interested. Platypus Tow Hook Mount
The code is "S2000" for 10% off entire order, they have 2 mounts an angled one $70 and straight $60 I was thinking about the angled one just so it doesn't/cant scratch the front bumper. The price is par with anyone else I've seen. This company is huge with minis, they seem to have a good product. I was going to order it this week I can put pictures up when it get it and when I get my car back hopefully next week.
So if your in the market for one you can save a couple bucks.

Sturdy Construction for a Long Part Life
This is a good looking and tough unit. It is made from lightweight aircraft aluminum and has enough thickness to make it completely solid. Black Powder Coat and Black Anodize are used to protect the parts and keep them stealth.

This is the picture on the website I can put more detailed ones up next week (if I have my car back). The code is only good until the end of the month.
Attached Thumbnails Front License Plate Tow Hook-s2k_platypus_animation__11311_std.gif  
Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 PM

imo looks dumb
Old 09-11-2012, 06:46 PM

Looks awesome!!!
If you don't want to make any holes to your bumper this is the way to go.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 AM

i actually have this on my vehicle now... most people either love it or hate it. i purchased the product because i had a custom snorkel that was blocked by the oem liscence plate location. but i didnt necessarily buy it cause it looked good to have the offset plate. one thing to note is that the backing plate does not support the liscence plate at the edges... and believe it or not the liscence plate will bend easily while driving (highway speeds) during prolonged use. when the liscence plate bends arount he backing plate it will come into contact with your front bumper. an easy fix for this solution is to ustilize a liscence plate frame-it will help keep prevent deforming of the liscence plate.

in my honest opinion, i dont think the part was worth the price. i paid full price btw... so i think having a discount as listed makes this product a little more reasonable. all you get with the kit is the add on adapter to accept a plate your liscene can mount to. after looking at the design i figured out i couldve had one fabricated for half the price (utilizing my resources).

oh and fyi im running a j's towhook whcih bolts into the frame horn and features a tongue which protrudes out of the grille. so i dont need to remove the liscence plate if a tow is needed.

the quality on this product is good... it survived a direct collision earlier this year.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:03 AM

ew
Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by jkuamoo
i actually have this on my vehicle now... most people either love it or hate it. i purchased the product because i had a custom snorkel that was blocked by the oem liscence plate location. but i didnt necessarily buy it cause it looked good to have the offset plate. one thing to note is that the backing plate does not support the liscence plate at the edges... and believe it or not the liscence plate will bend easily while driving (highway speeds) during prolonged use. when the liscence plate bends arount he backing plate it will come into contact with your front bumper. an easy fix for this solution is to ustilize a liscence plate frame-it will help keep prevent deforming of the liscence plate.

in my honest opinion, i dont think the part was worth the price. i paid full price btw... so i think having a discount as listed makes this product a little more reasonable. all you get with the kit is the add on adapter to accept a plate your liscene can mount to. after looking at the design i figured out i couldve had one fabricated for half the price (utilizing my resources).

oh and fyi im running a j's towhook whcih bolts into the frame horn and features a tongue which protrudes out of the grille. so i dont need to remove the liscence plate if a tow is needed.

the quality on this product is good... it survived a direct collision earlier this year.
Seemed a little high but everything else i saw was the same price, I know its a love or hate this was just a hey i got this if you want one get a couple bucks off haha. I was thinking i might have to make some minor adjustment to it but over all I think it will work fine. Its easy enough to take off that you wouldn't to have a 2nd tow hook. Thanks for the heads up!