S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Grip Royal Steering wheel SRS question

Old 03-19-2014, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grip Royal Steering wheel SRS question

So I recently got my Grip Royal Steering wheel in. With that I got a NRG quick release 2.8 and the hub. So when im putting it on there are two extensions that I run in to with the hub like the two srs plastic posts. I ended up taking it off and unplugging it not really realizing, and when I put it all on obviously I had the SRS button light still on. Along with the VSA and triangle light?? anyway is there any way to hook this back up so I can still have the SRS light off? And is there any way to turn the other two off?

Finally on a slight side note.. The steering wheel is now sitting about an inch closer to me even with the short hub which I didn't really notice the feeling all that much but not I can't see my RPM's and the turn signals are a lot further away from my fingers. AAAnd its not perfectly straight I tried the next notch over and there is never a dead center when the car is going straight.. will an alignment fix this no problem? thanks in advanced.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the notch should line up perfect. i have the srk-131h hub. i was able to keep all my srs and reel intact. heck i even have my cruise control still working with my quick release setup!

as of the srs light going on. its because its not sensing a airbag. you will ahve to install the reels and install a resistor to the airbag plug. or without the reel plug a resistor to the airbag connector. Neither way you need a resistor for the airbag to "trick" the system thinking there is a airbag in your car
Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 AM

I have the SRK 130-H.... the wheel doesn't center up.. and the NGK logos wont go in the center they are canted off to about 2 oclock. If I try to put it dead center its a different bolt pattern on QR and the steering wheel wont bolt up then...
Old 03-22-2014, 12:57 PM

Alright here's some pictures of what im talking about. In the first photo the hub is centered to the steering..(tires are slightly turned right) but the logo faces up..

Name:  unnamed2_zpsa4708d42.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  67.8 KB

but once I try to install the steering wheel it wont line up on that bolt pattern....

Name:  unnamed1_zps1d567b4d.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  58.5 KB

It does however line up on the other one ...which make the wheel face like this..

Name:  unnamed_zps9d62ecd4.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  64.3 KB
Name:  unnamed4_zpsbed1bbaa.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  62.1 KB

My hub is a SRK-130H and my QR is a SRK-250CF.. obviously if I just bolt the hub up canted i can semi line up my wheel but its still slightly off which im thinking an alignment can fix that but thats not the point.. Can someone Please help with this. Thank you
Old 03-23-2014, 01:34 AM

Not sure if this will work for your QR as I have the 3.0, but I actually noticed the exact same thing when I was mocking them up in my house, if I had the NRG logo straight up I couldn't have the wheel straight. Then I realized that the outer ring (the piece you slide to release the QR) can actually rotate around. So I just spun it around till the wheel could be straight with the NRG logo and everything was straight!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Slotato
Not sure if this will work for your QR as I have the 3.0, but I actually noticed the exact same thing when I was mocking them up in my house, if I had the NRG logo straight up I couldn't have the wheel straight. Then I realized that the outer ring (the piece you slide to release the QR) can actually rotate around. So I just spun it around till the wheel could be straight with the NRG logo and everything was straight!

Thaaank you!.. i knew that thing spun but i guess i had to hear it to figure out a different way..i actually had to flip my hub upside down to get it to line up perfectly and then just spun the ring around until it centered on the wheel. Thanks again
Old 03-23-2014, 09:52 PM

Glad you got it figured out!
Old 01-04-2015, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by casey.r.fitz
I was testing my buddy's neo-chrome out before I ordered a Grip Royal, but I just bolted it to my QR 2.0 how you have it in this picture (slightly to the right)and then had to move my hub 2 notches (teeth, or whatever they're called) to the left. All-in-all, you basically want to be staring at the bolt pattern of the Grip Royal before you put the QR on no matter what.

I know you fixed this already, but for someone that stumbles across this and wants another solution, here it is.

Grip Royal Steering wheel SRS question-x8jj7co.jpg

Grip Royal Steering wheel SRS question-e2sous3.jpg

Grip Royal Steering wheel SRS question-omal7eo.jpg
Old 01-04-2015, 09:03 AM

I would advise to not use that wheel.... I've seen Grip Royal wheels break on several occasions. They are made very very cheaply and are very poor quality.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If your S2000 is primarily driven on the street (I'm assuming it is?), why in the world would you replace the stock steering wheel and airbag for a steering wheel without an airbag?

Quick Reply: Grip Royal Steering wheel SRS question