S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

haz anyone find a solid bolton combo for ap1

Old 12-16-2017, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default haz anyone find a solid bolton combo for ap1

i tried to do some research
and found that pretty much every thread refers to the mother of all threads. the " official xxxxx thread" for whatever part is asked about

so i click the link and try to find some info there
i there i find pictures of each part and very basic description of the part giving no insight about its performance .
and then 80-100 pages of pure BS and people asking same questions over and over and getting answers like . who knows. stock is the best FTW why even upgrade honda engineers know what shiznit they doing s2000 is the universe etc...

so im back at square one. and a head full of crap from reading those threads...

so i ask here.
has anyone found a solid boltons combo that consistently shows good power gains?
intake header exhaust to be more specific

for example on b series 1.8L staggered short ram with v stack + 68mm throttle body + toda header+ 2.5 inch exhaust works the best ( as an overall best gains throughout the RPM range not just certain desired RPM range)

im looking for similar info for the AP1

from what i shoveled through the garbage it seems like a staggered(tuned length) intake pipe + 70mm TB+ (jay's racing or toda) +3 inch single exhaust seem to be the best gains.
and the stock intake manifold is relatively good at what it does.
is the stock f20c head ported at all or just cast and bolted on?

my goal is:
im trying to find a relatively quiet dual exhaust to upgrade from stock where i can still drive the car on the freeway without getting a headache
get a little bit more power evenly through out the rpm range(maybe even steal the electric supercharger from scion community to get that low end torque lol)
because coming from a 2.4l k series the lack of torque in this car is disturbing lol if i was to compare stock ap1 to b series it would be a b16 del sol kind of feel before vtec.

so if i got that above combo and dyno tuned PLUS:
lightweight flywheel
some forged wheels such as te-37
ID 725 injectors(because i already have them)
what kind of gains can i expect on the dyno?
Old 12-18-2017, 04:20 AM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Listing a budget would help.

The biggest gains will come from a High Flow Cat/Test Pipe and a tune.

This is for a daily driver/weekend car? Don't overthink it;
Find a used K&N FIPK
Find a used PLM header, this is mainly to drop weight off the car, and aides in lowering vtec engagement
Pick any of the available HFC/test-pipe, 70mm will make more power but sound becomes an issue
Pick any of the cat-backs labeled as being quiet, 70mm+ will make more power but sound becomes an issue
Karcepts has a pretty much plug and play tuning solution that with the mods listed above will boost midrange immensely, lower your vtec engagement point, and make the car much more fun to drive
The following users liked this post:
HawkeyeGeoff (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 10:25 AM

its not all about the budget..
what best combo with off the shelf parts that has been tested more than one time and proven to have consistent results is what im asking...
plm or toda header?
is the stock intake manifold good or is there better for stock block
is the throttle body size good or is there something better with boltons
are there aftermarket cams that are resonably priced and show gains with the supporting boltons

i know how engines work and understand more than just basics
im not new to this but im new to s2000 so i dont know how good the stock parts are
ive been building mostly all motor b series as a hobby for about 10 years.

but its hard to find any comparison dyno threads like they have on b series header showdown
or b series anything theres so much info that actually dyno tested not just pictures and basic description

Last edited by fuzzysig; 12-18-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:29 AM

is there any threads like this for s2k parts?

https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-mo...-test-3005484/
Old 12-18-2017, 10:56 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There is info all over the site about different performance gains for bolt ons, all are pretty much negligible. So pick whatever combo of stuff you want for intake and exhaust and header and get a tune and maybe you can pick up 15 whp or so. But the S2000 engine is somewhat maxed out already, so there is not a lot of gains to be had other then going to forced induction.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzysig
its not all about the budget..
what best combo with off the shelf parts that has been tested more than one time and proven to have consistent results is what im asking...
plm or toda header?
is the stock intake manifold good or is there better for stock block
is the throttle body size good or is there something better with boltons
are there aftermarket cams that are resonably priced and show gains with the supporting boltons

A budget absolutely matters.
Is the Toda’s price tag really worth the extra single digit HP gains over the PLM? I didn’t think so I didn’t recommend it.
Stock intake is fine.
You will see a gain with a new throttle body but is the again single digit HP gains worth the money to you?
Cams probably are not worth it.

Staying NA and thinking big horsepower will happen, you will be disappointed.

Without giving a budget, nor an end goal. It’s all on you to decide what your best.
i gave you a best bang for the buck list IMO. You’ll need to do your homework if you want to spend beyond that.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:29 PM

ok.
i want 600whp all motor and have 100000 dollars budget.

please read my previous posts again.
thank you for providing some info btw.
budget is irrelevant for what im asking

i keep looking for any kind of comparisons from same dyno like the b series threads but theres really nothing.
can you link me to some if you know? i spent 4 days already searching everything and dont see any threads where theres a dyno comparison of multiple parts to show how they differ from eachother

Last edited by fuzzysig; 12-18-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:33 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Solid bolt on combo? Test pipe. Standalone ecu. SOS supercharger kit
Old 12-19-2017, 02:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok.

please read my previous posts again.
thank you for providing some info btw.
budget is irrelevant for what im asking

i keep looking for any kind of comparisons from same dyno like the b series threads but theres really nothing.
can you link me to some if you know? i spent 4 days already searching everything and dont see any threads where theres a dyno comparison of multiple parts to show how they differ from eachother
So the real question is what do you consider bolt-ons? I/H/E? Because none of those will really benefit the S2000 specifically the AP1 because of its non-modifiable ECU. So while you may gain like 3 or 4 more HP from bolt-ons you may loose like 15-20 lbs which can be better than power mods and you need to consider what your build will be about like what do you want to do with the car? Like autox, track, daily driver, or a mountain/dragon car and how much of that 100,000 you are willing to spend. You do realize this engine makes 120hp per liter, I want to say that again 120hp per liter. So in order for an NA engine to even consider that amount of power from the factory that means Honda built the living hell out of the F20C. I can see where you are sad because you got rid of your B18 swapped civic or teg and the guy you sold to smashed you on the street because the S2000 is slow in terms on the street. Well the car was never considered for that, what you have is a quick little sports car that can go around corners like nobodies business and go topless to experience the outside and give you a different aspect on driving. In no way am I purist or traditionalist, I am all about getting as much power as I can and loosing as much weight as I can. I am about to get my engine built by inlinepro because I blew it up on my last track day however for 300whp I am about spend 15,000 on just an engine build. Some people consider it stupid and waste of money but this car is my passion and I love it and could afford a way faster car but I will stick to my S2000. There is no greater feeling than beating up on cars that are 100,000+ with a 10,000 dollar car with about 15,000 in mods. What you build is an expression of yourself so when somebody is giving you advice I would suggest you take it but also keep doing research. This car will not be built in a day or even in a week or two. It takes time and consideration and valuable hours of research. I wish you luck on your build and hope you consider every bodies advice, we may have been doing this longer than you.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:20 AM

ok.
I'd recommend calling Urge Design or InlinePRO and opening up your checkbook then.

Quick Reply: haz anyone find a solid bolton combo for ap1