S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

HKS Hi Power single 75mm

Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Hi Power single 75mm

I saw there were some other reviews out there for this exhaust and figured I'd add to the already good reputation that it has made for itself. I will begin by saying that I had recently switched over from an Apex'i N1 Single to which I was happy with the sound, but felt the exhaust looked a little small on the muffler side of things and just gave the system an overall dinky look. I ordered the exhaust on the 10th from THMotorsports and recieved it on the 13th pretty fast shipping and a really good deal on the exhaust, not to mention they have free shipping if it's over $100.00. Now on to the exhaust, when I recieved the exhaust I was really excited to open up the box and just check it out, the thing looked amazing just sitting in the box and I couldn't wait to put it on. I finally got some time to toss the exhaust on and was really happy with the install, it even comes with an extra bracket that you bolt to two of the diff mounting bolts so you can mount it even more securely. A really cool feature that the exhaust has is an adjustable length titanium tip so you can change the length if you have an aftermarket bumper or diffuser that may cause the exhaust to normally sit recessed. The exhaust itself is stainless steel throughout and you can feel and see the quality of the system throughout, everything that can be polished, is done to a mirror finish. Once started up the exhuast has a nice burble to it and a deep sound when you give it a rev, once you're out driving the sound is amazing! Going through the gears you hear a crisp clean sound througout with no noticable drone or rasp(I'm still on stock cat). The sound isn't any louder than my Apex'i N1 single was so I'm used to it having a little noise but have never been hassled by the 5-0 with the old setup(knocks on wood). Performance wise I don't have any dyno charts, but from the butt dyno I do notice a difference. Overall I'm quite happy with my purchase and would do it again in a heartbeat. Special thanks goes to THMotorsports for the AWESOME pricing and great service, not to mention the superfast free shipping. Now on to the pictures.
[attachment=19290:HKS 1.JPG]
[attachment=19291:HKS 2.JPG]
[attachment=19292:HKS 3.JPG]
[attachment=19293:HKS 4.JPG]
[attachment=19294:HKS 5.JPG]
[attachment=19295:HKS 6.JPG]
[attachment=19296:HKS 7.JPG]
[attachment=19297:HKS 8.JPG]
Attached Thumbnails HKS Hi Power single 75mm-hks-1.jpg   HKS Hi Power single 75mm-hks-2.jpg   HKS Hi Power single 75mm-hks-3.jpg   HKS Hi Power single 75mm-hks-4.jpg   HKS Hi Power single 75mm-hks-5.jpg  

HKS Hi Power single 75mm-hks-6.jpg   HKS Hi Power single 75mm-hks-7.jpg   HKS Hi Power single 75mm-hks-8.jpg  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 AM

Just curious did you consider Berk Technology's 3'' header back??
Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by TougeS2k
Just curious did you consider Berk Technology's 3'' header back??
I did, I honestly wasn't a big fan of the muffler shape and I wanted a system that I could just straight bolt to the stock cat for smog purposes out here in California. I also didn't like the decel sound on it and didn't think it would be livable for daily driving duties.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Such a beautiful system. I am stuck between this and the Tanabe Medalion Touring! And you said there is no drone? This is my biggest concern. My Tsudo drones like hell from about 3k-4200. It also drones like hell on decel. Any decel drone on the HKS? I wonder how many decibels this things is. I would like to stay under 100db at WOT. I think the Tsuod/invida/skunk2 are all around 112db at 5k rpm! Wonder how it sounds with 3" test pipe. Looks great bud! Now make some videos
Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

How much does it weigh?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by s2000maniac
How much does it weigh?
I honestly didn't weigh it before installing, but its substantially lighter than stock. If I had to guess I'd say around mid 20 lbs.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by cadams05nfr
Such a beautiful system. I am stuck between this and the Tanabe Medalion Touring! And you said there is no drone? This is my biggest concern. My Tsudo drones like hell from about 3k-4200. It also drones like hell on decel. Any decel drone on the HKS? I wonder how many decibels this things is. I would like to stay under 100db at WOT. I think the Tsuod/invida/skunk2 are all around 112db at 5k rpm! Wonder how it sounds with 3" test pipe. Looks great bud! Now make some videos
With stock cat, I really haven't noticed any drone driving between 3-4k rpm the entire time to work today. As far as decel drone I haven't noticed any either, and that was one of the main reasons I went with this over the Berk as everyone that I heard had an intense decel drone(not to discredit it as it is a very good system for the money, I just preferred the look and sound of the HKS) Decibel wise, I'd say it's comparable to most other single exhausts out there,and not noticably louder than the Apex'i N1 single that it replaced. I'd say it is very livable on a daily basis and that video clips online just don't do it justice. I will have to make videos sometime soon, but all I have at the moment is my iphone with busted speaker phone lol.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great info. My buddy has the Apexi single and it sounds great. but like you said, it looks so freaking tiny on a s2k. Looks like a civic muffler lol.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM

Apexi GT-Spec has a bigger muffler and an option worth considering, possibly?

Also, The cheapest I have seen the HKS Hi-power single publicly priced is $637.50 shipped.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 AM

Have this exhaust and love every minute of it. Quiet when you want it and loud when you get on it. Drone is pretty minimal, definitely tolerable. And best looking exhaust on the market IMO. Considering a test pipe for it but unsure how it will react since 06+ have CEL issues and mines an 08.

Quick Reply: HKS Hi Power single 75mm