S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

How to properly adjust side window height

Old 09-25-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to properly adjust side window height

Hello all!
This is my first forum post as I have recently joined the forum but owned an S2000 for 5 years, so if it is in the wrong section please forgive me.
I recently purchased a Forbidden USA Double-sided CF OEM hardtop. Thankfully fitment was great and I had no issues during the install. Unfortunately, I am very particular and would like to do a few things to make fitment as close to perfect as possible. My passenger side window just barely goes under the top with no contact but I would like to tighten this side down a bit more to close a small gap I can see in the rear on the passenger side. This means I would have to lower my window a bit. I have heard it is simple to adjust your window by removing the door panel and adjusting some bolts. After looking around the internet, the forum, looking through the service manual myself (20-11), and taking my door panel off to take a look, I cant figure out what bolts I need to loosen to allow adjustment. If anyone could help me out or explain what I'm reading in the manual a little better I would greatly appreciate it. I am working on a 2003 AP1 S2000.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

You can't adjust the window, the window goes up and down on a track that is fixed.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:27 PM

Are you sure? The service manual seems to say otherwise. Page 20-11 is literally titled door glass adjustment. I just don't quite understand what I'm looking at.
The following users liked this post:
S2KRJ (03-04-2021)
Old 09-25-2017, 07:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by x2xGOONx7x
Hello all!
This is my first forum post as I have recently joined the forum but owned an S2000 for 5 years, so if it is in the wrong section please forgive me.
I recently purchased a Forbidden USA Double-sided CF OEM hardtop. Thankfully fitment was great and I had no issues during the install. Unfortunately, I am very particular and would like to do a few things to make fitment as close to perfect as possible. My passenger side window just barely goes under the top with no contact but I would like to tighten this side down a bit more to close a small gap I can see in the rear on the passenger side. This means I would have to lower my window a bit. I have heard it is simple to adjust your window by removing the door panel and adjusting some bolts. After looking around the internet, the forum, looking through the service manual myself (20-11), and taking my door panel off to take a look, I cant figure out what bolts I need to loosen to allow adjustment. If anyone could help me out or explain what I'm reading in the manual a little better I would greatly appreciate it. I am working on a 2003 AP1 S2000.
Hi, sorry to derail the topic but how happy are your with the top? I was considering purchasing it however the last photos i saw, it had a gap at the rear area where it meets the body. Is that still the case? Do you mind taking some photos of it?

thanks.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:29 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

That's to adjust the window in relation to the motor so the window can go up and down the track smoothly.

You can't physically make the window sit "lower". Not to mention you'll have a shit ton of wind noise and water leaks if you did.
x2xGOONx7x (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 08:38 PM

Hmmm, I suppose you do have a point there. Ah well, I'll make what I have work with some subtle adjustments then. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:40 PM

Bruunz, no worries my friend. Mine currently does still have the small gap in the rear. I literally just installed it yesterday so we will see if this settles. I also intend to make some adjustments to my fit soon. It's midnight right now for me, but if I remember I'll get some pics for you. I'll also measure the gap after my adjustments.
Bruunz (09-25-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 AM

Bruunz, currently the gap is about 3/4" on each side. Its really not that bad at all even though it looks huge in my opinion. Thankfully I was able to tighten down my passenger side more without interfering with my passenger side window. Hopefully when it settles more there's still no issue. Here are pictures of the gap though as requested.
Bruunz (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Not to be a Debbie downer, but man that is a big gap... maybe you could put some weather stripping or something there to fill that in. Not to mention what happens if it rains or you wash the car and spray water in there.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Not to be a Debbie downer, but man that is a big gap... maybe you could put some weather stripping or something there to fill that in. Not to mention what happens if it rains or you wash the car and spray water in there.
The seal under the window is firmly seated against the car. Water is no issue, I already insured with the hose.

Quick Reply: How to properly adjust side window height