S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Just got my new CSG tails Version 2s (only ones in the uk?) (yea they are signed)

Old 05-22-2017, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You keep touting this signature like it's going to be worth something someday. For all you know, they had the shop janitor sign them.
I'm sorry but these are not sought after by the majority population of S2000 owners. Hell, I'd put money on it that the majority has never even heard of this company.

I know you're proud of your purchase and are reasoning the justification for the price you paid for them but that's just the truth.

Congrats on your overpriced tail lights!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by s2kIan
You keep touting this signature like it's going to be worth something someday. For all you know, they had the shop janitor sign them.
I'm sorry but these are not sought after by the majority population of S2000 owners. Hell, I'd put money on it that the majority has never even heard of this company.

I know you're proud of your purchase and are reasoning the justification for the price you paid for them but that's just the truth.

Actually I was asking about same wiring tbh. Yes depos are atm because they have a less of a price tag and look great with the chasing led. I think you don't speak for the majority of s2000 owners that would be a far fetched comment speaking for every S2k owner. To your second part if your have done your research the company Car Shop Glow does custom Oem lights. The price reflects on the brand new tails that have to be purchased before working on them. The shop is in Tokyo and the famous Tokyo Auto Salon. Also did the lights for Mad Mikes Rx7 drift car and others. The signature was request because I wanted a more of a custom piece myself. I would not be selling tbh as a builder you don't get your money back on any parts period and I don't do it for profit more expression.

but thank you sir for your input but I think everyone is intilted to a opinion but do some research on car parts before slagging them off.

Just for the record yea I paid £3k for a exhaust as well and £4K wheels... then maybe you never heard of the companies Js Racing and Work...?

Last edited by KW888; 05-23-2017 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:48 AM

Oh I believe FinalForm in the USA is a dealer
Old 05-25-2017, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by s2kIan

Kinda harsh comments about OP's new purchase, I believe a lot of people are well aware of CSG tail lights. There are not a lot of them because they're expensive, not because they're an undesirable product.
The following users liked this post:
KW888 (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by s2k_martin
Kinda harsh comments about OP's new purchase, I believe a lot of people are well aware of CSG tail lights. There are not a lot of them because they're expensive, not because they're an undesirable product.
thank you Martin for the honest reply. This is the reason why I don't use forums a lot. When asking for advice etc Theirs always one trying to bring it down. Every build is different and I think each decision on part or brand is the expression and choice of the person doing the build. If we all took the comments of some individual, we would never express ourselves the way we seen it to be. Ps genuine Jdm parts are extremely expensive but you get what you paid for tbh. Example ASM, Voltex etc.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I didnt want to put my 2 cents until you said "there are not a lot of them because they're expensive" that's definelty not true because we all spend lots of money on parts that others would see as a waste. These lights are not for everyone and def not for me but I wouldn't say they're trash. I just think that if you want to be unique, buy these cause not many are driving with these.

Originally Posted by s2k_martin
Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like them! Post some pictures once you have them installed
KW888 (05-27-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by vasquezgno
I didnt want to put my 2 cents until you said "there are not a lot of them because they're expensive" that's definitelynot true because we all spend lots of money on parts that others would see as a waste. These lights are not for everyone and def not for me but I wouldn't say they're trash. I just think that if you want to be unique, buy these cause not many are driving with these.
What are you talking about, how are these tail lights not expensive? They're near 2 grand for a set of tail lights. All I'm saying is that if these were priced at the ballpark of Depos, a large amount of people would run them. I'm sure plenty of people spend lots of money on parts but I highly doubt the majority would spend 2 grand on tail lights before being heavily modified elsewhere. These tail lights look good on heavily modified cars, and definitely not a first mod on stock cars, at least thats the consensus of the group of s2000 owners around me.
It's the same thing with replica body parts, there's demand because of the price, so if you could replicate these tail lights for 1/4th of the price you'd see these everywhere.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:59 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I've never been a fan of CSG lights, however, the OP's money is his own and he can do as he pleases.
I'm sure the quality of the lights are top notch, especially at that price, it's just not something I could justify since aesthetically overall it just looks like a LiteBrite getup to me.

If you love it, then follow through man, don't worry about anything else!
KW888 (05-27-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 06:09 AM

Thanks guys some nice comments and honest opinions. I haven't installed yet as I'm waiting on the rest of my parts coming. I'm not saying they are a must for everyone but I choose them for the style and route I'm taking the car in. I do like the fact they are Oem parts as well. Yes all this reflects on the price. It's not for everyone tbh. For example ASM mats are around $400 but it wouldn't be for me but for others yes. I prefer the oem uk spec double mats to the single and at the fraction of the cost. So it's not always about the price tag but more of the choice where I'm heading with in my build. I have the FX Pro Js Titanium 70Rs duel on order and yes it is very expensive but then people might say why not Q300 or Greddy SE it's just a choice where I picture my build. I buy not so cheap parts and buy reasonable. But the end result will be my vision. Like everyone's S2k build I admire and don't disagree on their choices... I thanks everyone for their opinions

Last edited by KW888; 05-27-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Just got my new CSG tails Version 2s (only ones in the uk?) (yea they are signed)