S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Marrad ST3 install

Old 07-25-2016, 07:48 PM
Jtt

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
I thought the whole point of this abe, private label seat is so you could retain use of the factory receptacle? I would have found a better seat rail that could accomodate that.
I still think you can leverage the stock seat belt receiver, if you cut the nub near the bolt hole. Given the fact I already had the seat belt extender, I chose to go this route instead.

Originally Posted by Savedsol
Is the seat actually any lower than the stock seat? It's difficult to tell from your pictures.
I used to have an SPG on Buddy Club rails and it could get low - I'm 5'10" all torso. Really interested in these as a replacement for stock seats, mostly for daily driving to get lower.
Here’s a few pix of me with a helmet in the ST3. I’m all torso with 31inch legs @ 6ft, so folks with long legs and shorter torso may gain more head room.
I sat in the passenger seat to compare seat height. With the PCI slider bracket, I gain about an inch or so in headroom vs stock. I think with the BuddyClub rails, I’d sit lower (about an inch in my estimation). My head is not against the seat back, but its approximate of where my head would be if i was in the stock seat while driving (IMHO).

About an inch and half from soft top. I think the hardtop is about an inch higher.

i’ve also measured the sticker height on the back of the helmet for reference.

Here are pictures with of the clearance of the seat with the door closed.

I've drove to Sacramento and back last weekend (200+ miles roudtrip) and the seat was comfortable and I felt planted (at least guning it through on ramps, Sacramento is quite flat).
Please keep the questions coming!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

every time you update this thread I just want these more and more

I would love to be able to get them with a suzuka blue border to match my interiors black and blue, or even with suzuka blue inserts if that is easier
Old 07-26-2016, 06:41 AM
Jtt

Originally Posted by Micalbertl

I would love to be able to get them with a suzuka blue border to match my interiors black and blue, or even with suzuka blue inserts if that is easier
Ha! I think Mark could help you out with that... The middle of the seat is held by Velcro, so you could take them out pretty easily and have them reupholstered. Oh, I also wanted to mention, there is a hole in the lower part of the seat for a 5 point.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Micalbertl

All the cushions are removable, so reupholstering them and making the seat two-tone would be easier and less expensive than changing the perimeter. I will look into pricing.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jtt
Originally Posted by Micalbertl' timestamp='1469538672' post='24025163

Ha! I think Mark could help you out with that... The middle of the seat is held by Velcro, so you could take them out pretty easily and have them reupholstered. Oh, I also wanted to mention, there is a hole in the lower part of the seat for a 5 point.
JT - is the headroom gain of 1" with the cushion still installed or removed?
Old 07-26-2016, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for all of the pics. Definitely looks like you dropped a few inches - more would be better seeing your broomstick line. Guess it's time to sell my Mugen exhaust and get a new seat.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jtt
Here’s a few pix of me with a helmet in the ST3. I’m all torso with 31inch legs @ 6ft, so folks with long legs and shorter torso may gain more head room.
I sat in the passenger seat to compare seat height. With the PCI slider bracket, I gain about an inch or so in headroom vs stock.
I would estimate if you gained about 1" with the cushion still in, you can gain 2.5 - 3" with the cushion removed. You can easily pull it out just for helmet use and put it back for street use. If someone needed to be a little lower all the time a thinner foam in the rear cushion cover would do the trick.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:59 PM
Jtt

Originally Posted by Savedsol
Thank you for all of the pics. Definitely looks like you dropped a few inches - more would be better seeing your broomstick line. Guess it's time to sell my Mugen exhaust and get a new seat.
Np. I'll try that this weekend and take pix. In definitely not passing the broomstick test as is. I track with a hardtop with a rollbar in my potential future.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:00 PM
Jtt

Originally Posted by marrad
Originally Posted by Jtt' timestamp='1469504934' post='24024963
I sat in the passenger seat to compare seat height. With the PCI slider bracket, I gain about an inch or so in headroom vs stock.
I would estimate if you gained about 1" with the cushion still in, you can gain 2.5 - 3" with the cushion removed. You can easily pull it out just for helmet use and put it back for street use. If someone needed to be a little lower all the time a thinner foam in the rear cushion cover would do the trick.
Hmm. Ill try this and update the thread.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Jtt

Originally Posted by marrad
Originally Posted by Jtt' timestamp='1469544065' post='24025252
[quote name='Micalbertl' timestamp='1469538672' post='24025163']

JT - is the headroom gain of 1" with the cushion still installed or removed?
[/quote]
Cushion is still in. Didn't even occur to me to remove it.

Quick Reply: Marrad ST3 install