S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Marrad ST3 install

Old 08-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was at least another 1" of headroom gained with the cushion removed.

Anyone interested in a seat, with or without the PCI brackets, can contact me directly at mark@marradind.com
Old 08-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Jtt

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey thats me! I'm doing a track day in willows next weekend and will report back!
Old 08-24-2016, 06:53 AM
Banned

The ST3 seat with PCI slider brackets can be ordered thru the link below. At present the link has FREE 48 STATE SHIPPING!
ST3 SEAT WITH PCI BRACKETS
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marrad
The ST3 seat with PCI slider brackets can be ordered thru the link below. At present the link has FREE 48 STATE SHIPPING!
ST3 SEAT WITH PCI BRACKETS
Since we only have the one product for this car and people don't buy seats often, it probably won't be worth it to keep paying to be a sponsor on the forum. If we do stop soon, you can still contact us with inquiries through our website.

Marradind.com

Mark
Old 09-06-2016, 06:44 AM
Jtt

Thanks Mark. You have great to work with fitting and getting the ST3 seat in an s2000.

Weekend or so ago drove about 1k miles and a track day in the ST3 seat. Seat performed as expected, held me in place through corners and was comfortable driving from from SF -> LA and back.

I have yet to install the lumbar bladder, but definitely recommend this seat.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the time you took to post this excellent writeup! I have a few questions about the seats.

1. How difficult is it getting in and out of the car with these seats?
2. I'm 5'6", 160, 33" waist. I will sometimes have passengers are are more like 6', 220, and 40" waist. Would you recommend this same seat for both driver and passenger in this situation?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2016, 11:21 AM

Oops, forgot to ask. Since your writeup, have you installed a rollbar / harness?
Thanks again.
T
Old 11-07-2016, 11:41 PM
Jtt

Originally Posted by adprescott
Thanks for the time you took to post this excellent writeup! I have a few questions about the seats.

1. How difficult is it getting in and out of the car with these seats?
2. I'm 5'6", 160, 33" waist. I will sometimes have passengers are are more like 6', 220, and 40" waist. Would you recommend this same seat for both driver and passenger in this situation?

Thanks!
Getting in and out is a little harder than the stock seat, mostly due the bolsters. I push the seat back, left hand on side sill, and hoist myself out. This seat maybe pretty roomy for you given your dimensions. Im about 6ft 220, 35inch waist and I'm pretty comfortable in the seat. Out of personal experience, unless you track regularly with a passenger, Id suggest keeping the stock passenger seat.

No rollbar or harness yet. Havent committed to hacking the interior atm, and gathering parts for a supercharger build.

Drives to streets of willow and back to sf have been comfy as well.

Last edited by Jtt; 11-07-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:28 AM

Thanks!
Did you consider mounting your seatbelt receiver to the vertical PCI bracket so that it would move with the seat? How safe would this be?
Also, if you have a shorter friend around my size who could sit in it I would appreciate any feedback they might have. I'm looking at other seats (recaro PP, Sparco Rev, Momo Super Cup, Corbeau A4) but I prefer the upholstery, design, and pricing of this seat if it will hold me in place on track. Something a little bit loose may be good for DD which will be 90% of my time.
BTW, seat to shoulder height for me is 24". Are the shoulder holes too high given my height? A 16" seat width would just touch on each side with no compression. Seat too wide?
Regards,
Tony
Old 01-19-2017, 02:59 PM

For those looking for a seat belt solution here's what doesn't work on an AP1. The AP1 seat belt has a very wide blade.
1. Ford Mustang seat belt extenders. Maybe they work on AP2?
2. 1999 Honda Prelude rear seat belt receivers -
3. Bend / alter stock AP1 receiver - sort of works but not very well.
4. Seat Belt Extender Pro....I'll have more info next week...
5. Bolting in a seat belt extender on the driver side ...no seat belt sensor switch.

Anyone have any solutions that work?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Marrad ST3 install