S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

new iPod & iPhone compatible adaptor now available

Old 03-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default new iPod & iPhone compatible adaptor now available

hi guys --

USA Spec released an update to their integration device that allows both iPod and the iPhone to be used with the factory stereo. We now have applications for 2000-2009 Honda S2000.

USA Spec now supports the iPhone (both original and 3G) as well as the newest iPod devices. The new adaptor plays music, allows you to use the factory stereo buttons, and charges the devices while connected. We have these available here:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/int.../S2000/USASpec/

USA Spec is shipping these with the new interface adaptor and proper cable for the iPhone. The price has increased with the new cable - others sold online for less do not include the new cable require for iPhone / new iPod connectivity.

We include S2000 specific installation instructions with photos. You can be up and running in 15-20 minutes!

On a personal note, I am using one of these in our 2004, 2006, and my Toyota truck with my iPhone. These are incredible! They offer seamless integration with the stock stereos and charge while being installed. The audio quality to me seems to be a little better than the factory CD player, however, that could be my imagination. I particularly like how the adaptor pauses the iPod / iPhone when the car is turned off, and automatically restarts at the same point when the car is turned on. It makes listening to podcasts (radio programs I've downloaded) very easy. Having thousands of songs available while being able to control the device with the factory buttons has really turned me around the desire to replace the factory stereo with an aftermarket one. Installation was a snap and was completed in about 15 minutes. This is one of the favorite modifications I've made, because I use it every time I'm in the car!

Cheers,
-- Chris
Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty good... How does this hook up to the stock stereo? Is there a port behind that this plugs into??
Old 03-18-2009, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CD changer port, I have something similar but it plugs into ear-phone jacks.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Installation is very easy.

1. remove center stereo trim panel (clipped in place)
2. remove & pull out stereo (four screws)
3. plug in adaptor
4. tuck adaptor under right side interior kick panel

Total installation time is 15-20 minutes and can be done easily with hand tools.

Cheers,
-- Chris
Old 03-18-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went on the website to place order. Wanted to pay using my Paypal account. After going thru the steps to pay using Payapl the web wanted another credit card IN ADDITION to my paypal credit card. Sounded fishy so I backed out.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:43 PM

does it work with the Zune?

(they use the same connector)
Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 PM

Just received a email from the website stating "This is only a confirmation of your order, a payment receipt will follow in a separate email if credit card payment is made."

I may have been too quick to post my questionable attempt to order. I'll repost when order is completed successfully.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

just placed my order... do you know if there is a DIY to follow or if there is going to be one....?

doesn't look to bad to install.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:23 AM

im assuming this will work for the 2G iTouch too right?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From http://www.usaspec.com/ipod.html (not sure why no one ever bothers to check the mfg sites for info):
[QUOTE]PA15 HON2

Quick Reply: new iPod & iPhone compatible adaptor now available