S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

oem hardtop still available from honda

Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oem hardtop still available from honda

so today i went to my local honda dealership to pick up some parts and i was talking to the guy about how i had just ordered my mugen hardtop replica. i told him that since the oem hardtop was not in production anymore and wasn't available from honda that it was being sold for about $4000 (second hand). then he tried looking it up and apparently i can still buy a brand new oem hardtop for 3000 (just the metal part). the glass and weather stripping was separate but those were available as well. iirc he said that the hardtop would get shipped out of warehouse 41 in california.

i was wondering if we had anyone who works at honda who could have more insight to this. thought it might be of some help to those who will pay top dollar for a brand new hardtop.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think your guy doesn't know what hes really talking about. I too asked a dealership about a oem hard top and he looked it up and surely it was there. But once you try ordering it you cant.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vufgew
so today i went to my local honda dealership to pick up some parts and i was talking to the guy about how i had just ordered my mugen hardtop replica. i told him that since the oem hardtop was not in production anymore and wasn't available from honda that it was being sold for about $4000 (second hand). then he tried looking it up and apparently i can still buy a brand new oem hardtop for 3000 (just the metal part). the glass and weather stripping was separate but those were available as well. iirc he said that the hardtop would get shipped out of warehouse 41 in california.

i was wondering if we had anyone who works at honda who could have more insight to this. thought it might be of some help to those who will pay top dollar for a brand new hardtop.
I work for a honda dealership and yes you can get an oem HT in "Pieces" if you really wanted to but when you add up all of the individual pieces its about $7-8000 or so last time I checked. It doesnt look like a lot but I itemized over 100 seperate pieces from the latches,window,bolts,liner, etc. This is how insurance companies replace stolen hardtops from other s2k's . I know of a member here who's cr hardtop has been stolen twice and both times the insurance paid out about 7 or 8,000 to replace it brand new... so getting a used oem for 3500 or less isnt that bad lol
Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by vufgew' timestamp='1365129274' post='22452533

I work for a honda dealership and yes you can get an oem HT in "Pieces" if you really wanted to but when you add up all of the individual pieces its about $7-8000 or so last time I checked. It doesnt look like a lot but I itemized over 100 seperate pieces from the latches,window,bolts,liner, etc. This is how insurance companies replace stolen hardtops from other s2k's . I know of a member here who's cr hardtop has been stolen twice and both times the insurance paid out about 7 or 8,000 to replace it brand new... so getting a used oem for 3500 or less isnt that bad lol
Exactly. I too work at a Honda dealership and concur that you can still get a hardtop from Honda. Like stated above thought you can only order it in pieces. The hard top sheet metal itself also does not come painted, it comes black primer "ready for paint".
Old 04-05-2013, 07:17 PM

Reading the title I was excited....

now...

Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

$2k for the metal...

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...+%28HARDTOP%29

Total it all up and you're looking at $4k...then you'll have to get it painted.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:23 AM

My friend that used to be the parts counter manager indeed can get entire assembled tops, but he makes people pay a premium and does not guarantee the color.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Old 06-17-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a bare OEM HT, still haven't painted it or installed glass on it yet.......

Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How much did that set you back?

Quick Reply: oem hardtop still available from honda