S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

PRM intake Good or bad?

Old 07-23-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PRM intake Good or bad?

Hi guys I need some help deciding which intake to get for my 04 S2000 and came across PRM intakes and they are insanely cheap! Is it any good? how much HP gain? And if its not a good buy what are your recommendations? Thanks
Old 07-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, theres 1000 intake threads. and i believe there is an actual" intake thread". Try searching a bit...
but my preference is k&n fipk, simply because i wont suck up a puddle. The aem v2 is also a nice intake, and would be my second choice. There are a few prm users around, but they dont fit too well from what ive seen. If i was you, id get the fipk. But read the intake thread... search for ("official intake thread") in search bar while on main forum page...
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had the PRM and the FIPK... the PRM sounds awesome but is poor quality, poor fit, and poor perfroming when compared to the FIPK... the FIPK heat soaks less (they both heat soak) makes more power, fits better and is higher quality. Plus it is backed by an extremely reputable company.

If you want sound and a unique appearance get the PRM... if you want performance, and quality get the FIPK..
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prm fits fine for me, there are a bunch of prm die hards, it's a short ram and so no hydrolocking the engine dangers at all, being short ram some will complain about hot intake temps, however prm with it's in-line k&n filter makes routing a tube to the ap1 fake brake hole in the bumper easy as pie (ram cold inducted), it's the loudest in vtec of the bunch also.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Importedpower
Well, theres 1000 intake threads. and i believe there is an actual" intake thread". Try searching a bit...
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/634...intake-thread/
Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

prm you will lose hp. The gains are questionable with out a tune.

It sucks up hot air and at regular temps your engine bay is around 210 degrees. The prm is sucking all the hot air up.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ You have no idea what you are talking about. I have literally had 5 different intakes and I wouldnt trade my current PRM for any of them, that includes the FIPK. You aren't going to notice any major differences between them, trust me. My old FIPK heat soaked just as much as my current PRM does believe it or not. Plus who cares about heatsoak at idle, all intakes will including the OEM airbox to an extent, the PRM gets plenty of cool air while moving and that's all that matters. There is absolutely no proof the PRM intake will make you lose power, that is just an assumption.

Here is a pic of mine, also I don't see what "fitment issues" people have with the PRM, it doesnt really bolt to anything except for the throttle body. I added a 3" duct to the end of mine and it helped a tad bit with the heatsoak, and it helps to support it a little better also.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone that I've seen on this forum that has had the PRM likes it, other than the fitment. I've personally never owned one so I can't give an opinion on it. I'd personally go with the FIPK over the PRM.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 AM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

love my PRM..

Dyno info one is PRM vs Stock & the other is PRM vs AEM.

Name:  S2000IntakeComparison-2.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  106.9 KB

Old 07-24-2011, 05:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

+100 for PRM intake, proven gains. I Love it. I actually recently did what Suzuka-blue did with the add-on. PRM was helpful with supplying info (XOZ) posted, I had it quick... Oh and I did a write up!!!
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/765...#entry18277669

Also I don't get this "fitment" issue that everyone keeps mentioning... It is a pipe with a bend on it with a filter on the on the end... All the bungs are in the right spot and it is not trying to squeeze around anything... It was the easiest intake I have ever installed with zero issues... Try installing an intake in a LT1 Camaro if you want to talk about fitment issues...

Quick Reply: PRM intake Good or bad?