S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

PRM jetstream intake vs CT-E Intake

Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRM jetstream intake vs CT-E Intake

My mind was all set to buy the ct-e intake, but then I stumbled upon a PRM intake thread and now I am second guessing myself...

Yes, I have searched - I have looked at the threads for each individual intake, but putting them against each other - Is one better than the other?

Is there a loss in throttle response or mid-range with the PRM over the ct-e as it looks like the ct-e may hold more air in reserve - if I am making sense. Also, heatsoak is a concern with PRM, I am guessing. Also seems like it would work best with an AUT style radiator cover, correct?

Also PRM sounds louder from what I am reading.

My full setup will be Ricks header, Berk 63mm tp, ct-e exhaust and an intake - about all I plan to do. I will do some spirited driving and maybe some auto-x. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:44 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Buy which ever you like more as the HP gain over stock is negligible much less between the two.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea..u shouldn't be buying an intake for gains.. If your buying for sound and throttle response all reviews would lead to the prm intake?. And to be honest, given ur other mods I would save my money and spend it on an ems and a tune.. This wil actually net you some good gains and get you the most out of ur current bolt ons!
The following users liked this post:
Carbon Blue (06-14-2022)
Old 01-10-2012, 06:30 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

i would get prm just for the sound! i wouldn't get an intake for gains, just looks and sound
Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 PM

Well, I called PRM. I talked to Gerry, the owner and designer. He took the time to talk to me patiently and explained his intake. He did say he has re-designed the intake a little - he said the piping has been changed to match the TB and to expect more hp and tq. I don't think he is a salesman and we talked for almost half hour. He even told me K&N was interested in his filter patent and tried to get with him for it. He was honest too when I asked about heatsock - he said yeah, there will be some and those shields might help a little to keep it off. He added he wanted to do a silicone pipe instead of the metal, but he said that it would cause the intake to move more.

Speaking of moving more, he said it is designed to move with the motor and to never, ever bolt it down like some people have done. He said it will crack the horn.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM

I'd only go with the FIPK for a short ram(in this price range). The PRM should heat soak like crazy and the CT doesn't have a good source of air like the K&N(especially paired with an AUT plate).
Old 01-10-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to mention the FIPK has great sound
Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 AM

From what I have read - the PRM is the best sounding intake for the s2k per my searches. I agree on the heat soak but I think I may add the K&N FIPK heat shield like user "Fasting" did.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by kchandra
From what I have read - the PRM is the best sounding intake for the s2k per my searches. I agree on the heat soak but I think I may add the K&N FIPK heat shield like user "Fasting" did.
Due this. I love it.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by H22toF20
Originally Posted by kchandra' timestamp='1326302636' post='21306900
Due this. I love it.

what intake arm is that?

Quick Reply: PRM jetstream intake vs CT-E Intake