S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.
View Poll Results: Color
White
59.46%
Multi
40.54%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Qube Cluster LED Colors

Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
I did something similar but only cost me $5 to do. I did it using the stock bulbs and just used some semi transparent binder dividers to get the colors. Not very bright in day unless you hold the dash brightness button to make it very bright if you run the headlights during the day like me.

The LED ones I am sure will be nicer and brighter but for $5 can't go wrong. Had this for a couple years already no with zero issues. Can do them all red as well which would be MUCH easier than doing the multi color.

thank you for giving the binder divider color idea!! now i dont have to spend 30 dollars on the muti color when i can just buy this
Old 05-24-2012, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted white!
It just looks soooooo clean! Also you can do this to the other parts like AC and radio knobs.
I think I might have even seen a LED in the start button before
Old 05-24-2012, 01:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its needed for me. A few things aren't lit up on my radio control panels. As for the $5.00 option, that's awesome. Although I would like to go white LEDs.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Love the 0-3k in green...Kind of like an "eco" mode, lol
Old 05-24-2012, 01:56 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by Duyx817
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1337823823' post='21724676
I liked the look of white but I thought it would be too bright at night and all the other bulbs in the cabin are orange-like colour. The LED upgrades are such a boost in light output you don't get a lot of dimming in the night setting, so they are very bright.

I had mine upgraded and I went with an amber tach and red speedo, red temp gauge, red fuel gauge. I got mine done by Jordanksartell (fellow member here) in TN, his LED upgrades use the oem power supply so you don't have to run a separate power supply to the spare fuse slot. More of a plug and play setup which I liked.
im buying this product soon, and i was wondering how bright is the white? and i thought you can use the dimmer
I can't say how bright the white would be but I would think it is the brightest colour choice as there is no filter used over the bulbs like the other colours. The dimmer does work but they are still very bright, I would say the dimmest LED setting is still brighter than the brightest oem setting with incandescents. Also as you use the dimmer button the rest of the dash board and center console lights get very dim, so it's a tradeoff. I tend to keep mine on a brighter setting so my dash and console lights don't get too dim.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:13 PM

I've been wanting to get this for a while but he waiting list is just too long. It's my only car so I can't afford to send my cluster and controls in. He can make a lot more money if he stream lines the process, gets more cores, etc.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Originally Posted by Duyx817' timestamp='1337830101' post='21724878
[quote name='JFUSION' timestamp='1337823823' post='21724676']
I liked the look of white but I thought it would be too bright at night and all the other bulbs in the cabin are orange-like colour. The LED upgrades are such a boost in light output you don't get a lot of dimming in the night setting, so they are very bright.

I had mine upgraded and I went with an amber tach and red speedo, red temp gauge, red fuel gauge. I got mine done by Jordanksartell (fellow member here) in TN, his LED upgrades use the oem power supply so you don't have to run a separate power supply to the spare fuse slot. More of a plug and play setup which I liked.
im buying this product soon, and i was wondering how bright is the white? and i thought you can use the dimmer
I can't say how bright the white would be but I would think it is the brightest colour choice as there is no filter used over the bulbs like the other colours. The dimmer does work but they are still very bright, I would say the dimmest LED setting is still brighter than the brightest oem setting with incandescents. Also as you use the dimmer button the rest of the dash board and center console lights get very dim, so it's a tradeoff. I tend to keep mine on a brighter setting so my dash and console lights don't get too dim.
[/quote]

Tint over the cluster?

Originally Posted by S2k007
I've been wanting to get this for a while but he waiting list is just too long. It's my only car so I can't afford to send my cluster and controls in. He can make a lot more money if he stream lines the process, gets more cores, etc.
Agreed. They'd need to be air mailed back and fourth
Old 05-25-2012, 03:40 AM

Multi color is nice but white looks sooo clean.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by S2k007
then get the DIY kit, it's not that hard to install; the hardest part was sanding down the trace so you can solder that wire to it.. If you're scared of doing that part find someone local to do it -- it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes
Old 06-05-2012, 06:55 AM

Multi Color - Pro: it works well, it's nice to have some color. Con: If you lower vtec, 6K yellow means nothing.
White: Pro:vtec isn't tied to color. Con:to plain, too much of one color, looks bland..

Quick Reply: Qube Cluster LED Colors