S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Racelogic Owners Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I could not find any good places to mount it without cutting into something. It washes out in sunlight and has to be viewed at certain angles.

I toyed with the idea of putting it in the AP1 coin holder and fabbing up a mock cupholder mod (like the Greek Garmin navi thread)... but then found out the visibility wouldn't work.

These days, I have another strip of dual lock underneath my seat. The control box lives under my chair most of the time set on 25% slip.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

if I understand it right, you move it to the dash when you want it and leave it under the seat the rest of the time? that's a great idea!! I probably won't fiddle with mine much either--just set it and forget it. I was thinking about a Modifry's dash bracket (off to the side of the AC temp switch) but really don't want it in plain site all the time
thanks for the idea!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is mounted under the cruise control button, next to the steering wheel column, using some 3m dual lock. the cable is wedged into the gap next to the column. the steering wheel hides it from my view, but that doesnt bother me since i can count the clicks for the analog controller.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:36 PM

thanks!!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jetboater,Jan 15 2008, 07:12 PM
if I understand it right, you move it to the dash when you want it and leave it under the seat the rest of the time? that's a great idea!! I probably won't fiddle with mine much either--just set it and forget it. I was thinking about a Modifry's dash bracket (off to the side of the AC temp switch) but really don't want it in plain site all the time
thanks for the idea!
Yup. That's what I do. I have a small square of black dual lock on my radio door cover and a strip under the seat. The digital controller only comes out on rainy / snowy days or if I feel like playing with the settings. If there's heavier traffic, I'll back down the slip to 5-10% to keep it from getting too wayward under WOT.

If I had gotten the analog controller (which really is all you need), I would have mounted it in the coin tray or on the dash. There really wasn't a good place for the LCD screen and it doesn't really fit the visual theme of the rest of the cockpit, IMHO.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:46 AM

CKit--thanks!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM

Here's a link to my install with pictures for UK (RHD) cars. It is a bit different from CKit's US install as things are not located in the same place for UK/US models.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=562722

Thanks Ckit and shinigamiz for your PM help during my install. It took me from 9am to 8pm on Sunday, then one hour today to undo the jacks and use soldering connections. In the end, I am happy with the install, and if I can do it, anyone can.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bookmarked for when I do mine next week.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 PM

need some help!!
I installed my RL unit over the weekend and checked and rechecked my connections--everything appears correct but it won"t pick up any wheel sensor readings.....

what works: the RPM sensor picks up the correct RPM signal (shows on the digital control unit) , the injectors cut out at speed when the unit is turned on (and not when it's off)
what doesn't work----I originally tried the t tap method on the ABS wires and when it didn't pick up any signals, I removed them and saw they weren't "cutting" into the ABS wires so I actually cut the ABS wires and used crimp "barrel" connectors to connect the wires (I actually twisted the wires coming from the wheel sensors with the RL wires before I crimped them (I used the 4 "+" ABS wires---Grn/Wht, Grn/Blk, Blu/Orn, Yel/Red)

When I run the car using the digital controller set to pick up the wheel speeds--it reads channel 1 and 2 as twice the speed of channels 3 and 4.

I've tried to calibrate it at least 10 times with no luck.

Any suggestions on what to try?

thanks!!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 AM

Did you run the PC config to see what channels are assigned to which wheels? It is possible that you could have a config like:

LF : CH1
RF: CH2
LR : CH1
RR: CH2

I used the same wires you did and mine worked fine.

Also, the pulses per wheel revolution may need looking at. My own had as a default 40 front, 90 rear, which could give the 2x reading. The actual number is 50 F/R.

Quick Reply: Racelogic Owners Thread